Do You Honestly Believe ANY Politician Will Make YOUR Life That Much Better?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

That oily used car salesman David Cameron could suffer an attack of explosive diarrhoea next time he's on TV. Laughing at his smug face would make me feel better.

Otherwise, don't vote. It only encourages the bastards.

• jws
    jws

I don't know about what the current candidates can do. But yes, I believe politicans can and do make a difference in our lives. For good or bad. To say otherwise would mean all events in US history would have unfolded the same way no matter who was in office.

Ask the African Americans whether Lincoln made their lives any better.

Maybe the memo about terrorists planning to strike in America to Bush could have prevented 9-11 if it had been acted upon. Or if his appointees were told to follow up. If 9-11 didn't happen, there's no doubt our lives would be different. 9-11 changed everything.

And I'm not just talking dem's or republicans. But that's one single event that did change lives and may have been preventable had whoever was in office paid more attention. And if Gore was elected, who knows whether he would have paid attention either. But had the right person been there who would have acted, maybe 9-11 would have been prevented. But by not acting, it sure did change our lives.

Obviously Johnson got us into Viet Nam and as a result of that, it brought the tragedies of war into our living rooms on the news and changed our views and attitudes. Something JFK was trying to stay out of. So it did matter who was in office.

JFK pushed the space program and we've gotten a lot of everyday technology out of that effort.

Policies do matter. It's not just going to play out the same way no matter who is in charge. That sounds way to much like expecting Bible prophecy to be fulfilled. The notion that thousands of years ago, a prophet told what was going to happen in a certain time frame and it did just as predicted. Kings of north, kings of south, etc. I don't buy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit