Do You Honestly Believe ANY Politician Will Make YOUR Life That Much Better?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I believe a politician will make HIS life better

Or HERS... There are many freshman house members who enter politics with a net worth of 100K or less and leave with at least 10 million.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

No. I believe they are all pretty much the same.

I have to admit that this is thinking I've carried over from my JW days, but, unlike other JW ideas, I haven't seen anything to change my mind on this one.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - here is why. Take Obama - elected on Change we can believe in. No matter how sincere and sensible the policies -it requires CONGRESS to get its act together. So no ONE person can - it needs great minds to come together and do what is right for the majority.

• flipper
    flipper

No, not at all. I am the one to make my life better. Politicians won't do it for us. We have to take responsibility for ourselves , our loved ones , and people we care about - no one else will.

JAMES-WOODS- I totally agree with you. I know we've been on the opposite sides before politically ( me Democrat, you I'm assuming Republican ) however I am probably bowing out of voting in the upcoming election as well because ALL the freaking candidates running are like out of a Warners Brothers cartoon. Republican AND Democrat. None of them make any sense. Some are dumb as rocks. The ones that ARE intelligent are intimidated by huge corporations so they won't do the right thing . You and I would make better candidates ! I cannot in good conscience vote for any of these losers who want to trainwreck the American economy

• d
    d

No all the politicans are corrupt.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If all politicians are all the same, as so many of you seem to believe, why do so many politicians act so differently from each other?

I'm talking specifically about the policies they advocate for or against and the bills they write (or fail to write) and vote on. Also, their levels of honesty and accuracy vary greatly, and all these things can be and are measured and documented.

So really, aren't YOU, gentle reader, just being a lazy, overly political yet ill-informed fuckwit when you say "they're all alike"? Because you know, the facts show that they are not "all alike". Pesky things, facts.

Just curious.

• Duderino
    Duderino

All they do is make things worse

• cyb3rghst
    cyb3rghst

Like stillajwexelder said, "So no ONE person can, it requires CONGRESS to get its act together". I believe we can make it better for ourselves if we get involved in the issues we care about in what ever ways we can. Since ONE person cannot change things, then we ALL need to get involved! If we are too disgusted to vote for the either major party that's really the 2 coins of the same corporate sponsored coin, the dems and republicans a suggestion is look into alternative political parties. There's plenty of those out there.

The thing is if we ALL get involved, we can "vote all the bums out of office" and replace them with a congress that WILL look out for our interests.

As an Ex-jw for about 21 years now, I spent many years not involved at all, still thinking like the brainwashed J-dub I had been - don't get invovled, it does not matter, etc.

The irony is well, how did the J-dubs get the rights to preach, to hold meetings, to not get involved? By the same political, military and judicial system in which they deride, which many non-Jdubs fought and worked for, and for many in the military, sacraficed their lives for!

Now don't get me wrong, I feel the latest wars we've had have been abuses of power to serve neo-con and big oil interests however overall I think it's important to get involved, and now I am involved in the issues I care about and I vote, because really things can get a LOT worse if we don't do anything at all.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

What I know is a politician (or collection thereof) can sure make it worse!

• designs
    designs

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Of 2009 is in full swing here in southern California. Freeways from the northern points of LA County to the Mexican Border and the Nevada Line to the Ocean are all under construction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit