Do You Honestly Believe ANY Politician Will Make YOUR Life That Much Better?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have to believe that in this day and age, they all suck.

And in the thousands of years of politics, i don't think there's any person or party that made life all that much better. (except maybe during FDR's reign)....but I'm not sure if all those programs that were instituted didn't produce the mess we're in now.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Minimus, Unlike giving the Circuit or District Overseer a Green Handshake, A politician will at least return the favor with a government contract, zoning variance, job, or inside tip!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes. I only received a college education b/c of Lyndon Johnson's Great Society programs. While she was still alive, I wrote to Lady Bird Johnson to acknowledge the impact on my life and how far I travelled b/c of the resources. Johnson was so not cool b/c of Viet Nam.

Obama's Health care reform will make a huge impact on my life.

I no longer believe in politicians the way the groupies do at events. Obama was much more handsome in person but I did not faint. I want to be treated as a player, not a recipient. I donate money, campaign, and try to stay informed. Party politics do not bother me. Compared to my youth, I am very selfish now. What are you going to do for me that you warrant my vote and time. I could not care less whether the dog catcher is a Dem or GOP. Issues are impt to me. I practiced law for a large corporate firm. The resources they could devote to public opinion, lobbying and the law awed me. I read about it, of course. Actually being part of the team shocked me.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Yes. I do. I meet with my local elected officials on a regular basis. Sometimes they seek me out for my opinion.

Things are better where I am at because people like me are getting more active on the local level.

• minimus
    minimus

A local official more directly might impact you. Higher office= special interest groups and bad bills coming through the legislature.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No. Ron Paul will get cheated out of election by a system that electronically counts a "Ron Paul" vote as a "Rick Perry" vote (and you have absolutely no way of proving your vote was Rick Perry-ized). And Rick Perry is not a Republican, but a Re-PUKE-lican. That means he will be even worse than Osama Obama was--mandatory doctor visits every 6 months with mandatory prescription drugs, closing the borders for illegal emigration, 1099 forms for everything you do, price controls when hyperinflation gets going, vitamin busts, and even more licensing requirements for everything you do are in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if Perry goes to war against Iran just so he can gloat about the resulting oil embargo, and severe energy crisis added to the fake one from Osama Obama's EPA keeping our own oil right where it is.

The only hope I have is that I will be able to assemble and submit a good business plan and get out of this country. And not just to Canada or Mexico--I mean somewhere that it will be miserably difficult (with the oil embargo from the Iran war) to extricate me for no good reason. And even that will only buy me time, as the Rothschilds are eventually going to seize control of every corner of the world, and enslave every single one of us whether or not we want it. But, within the United Tyranny of Stupidity (formerly the United States of America), there is absolutely no hope.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Minimus makes an excellent point. As I said elsewhere, I am seriously considering declining to vote in this election.

I have no idea what WTWizard is even talking about.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There is enormous concentration of power in the system. If our response to it is to just give up, it only gets worse. If the middle class and the poor organized the way the wealthy do, we would have power.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    If our response to it is to just give up, it only gets worse. If the middle class and the poor organized the way the wealthy do, we would have power.

IF (a big if) the wealthy actually have any organization (that is - just for the wealthy), then it certainly does not look like the OWS people.

I personally think that such an "organization" is a myth - like the Illuminati or the Rothschild Guild.

The rich have influence because they are rich enough to make political contributions, not because they are organized in some secret society.

And remember that there are very rich people who are all across the political spectrum - from the far right to the far left.

But back on the topic at hand - NO, I do not believe any particular politician will make my life noticeably better. I just hope they won't make it noticeably worse.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I believe a politician will make HIS life better

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit