Do You Miss Even A Little Bit Your "Friends" From The "Truth"?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

No.

They abandoned me.

I was like, 'drowning' in the surf so to speak and they all went ''oh look he's waving at us'' and turned their backs.

Fake friends.

oz

• JAFO
    JAFO

There was a couple of sisters I wouldn't have minded getting into the sack... that's about it..

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's a few people that I enjoyed their company and if they would abandon the org and give me a call that would be ok.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi Aussie Oz! That is just how I felt. My mind got on a track in the dirrection of far far away from them and nobody called to stop it. That taught me two things. The first is wow, they claim Jesus is their leader, how does he not send someone to save me? Nobody came. The other lesson I learned is Jah indeed is over all. What I suffered was a good thing, even though it did not feel good. If indeed, someone had come to rescue me, I might have followed them away from my best way. I am where I want to be, and nobody prevented me from getting here. But...I know that does not guarantee tomorrow.

Didn't they prove themselves my true friends? I think so. Not the GB, no, not them.

I told a brother yes, the organization can be part of a way to salvation. It isn't THE WAY. For some people it may be one leg of a journey. But I am convinced it isn't for everyone.

• Brad Wilson
    Brad Wilson

Mixed feelings over mixed drinks on this.

There are definitely a few I would enjoy contact with again but in retrospect one has to wonder what that new relationship would be even without the w.t.

Those few were in fact close confidants over many years but looking back there was also always that underlying sense of protecting the organization first and living your life second, so then did I really know them ?

C'est la vie - Brad

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The JWs were not the kind of 'friends' I naturally gravitated to. I just put it down to how Jehovah(TM) had brought us together in such unity and harmony it was a miracle.

I'm very sad that there were 2 young children that didn't have a Dad and they used to ask to sit with me at the meetings. they used to tell me all about their day. They used to ask to go on the 'ministry'(TM) with me and would fight over who's turn it was. Yes. I miss those two very much. I'm hoping that as they grow older they'll exit the bOrg and seek me out.

The CoBe thought it was very unhealthy but their Mom told him that she had 110% confidence I was no threat to them. It seemed to me the CoBE (who had no children of his own), was revealing the kind of filthy mind he had.

Apart from that I don't miss anyone from all my long years in the cult. It seems I never found I could get close to anyone, I felt the 'conditional' thing.

Happily, all my other JDub friends are now 'aposta-friends'!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Absolutely not--if there was anyone, they would always make sure they would end up in another congregation 200 km away.

It's enough to make me want to move the other 13,500 km to get away from all of them cockroaches.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Id be lying if i said no I had some good pals and a great social circle while in the WTS, it destroyed my wife though.

• undercover
    undercover

My knee jerk answer was an immediate "NO". And that still applies to 99% of the JWs I knew or considered "friends".

But there are a very few people that, while I don't really "miss" them, I don't hold any animosity toward or hard feelings against.

When I see them on extremely rare occasions, I have a nice chat or visit, but the old common ground is gone. What brought us together to be "friends" in the first place no longer exists. They continue to live, or try to live, as dedicated JWs...I have moved away from that and don't look at life the same as before. We're no longer friends, we're acquaintances.

But I'm noticing a trend of late... more and more people that I hung with back when I was in, are becoming inactive. I'm hearing rumors of some stopping meeting attendance and dropping of the radar. I don't know if they've all had "the awakening" or if it's just the pressure of life and being a dub was too much and something had to give. I do know that at least a couple are "fading", having figured out the scam. So who knows...maybe I'll meet back with these guys and we'll have new commmon ground to keep us in touch.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I have so many great, fun friends now that it is hard to miss the unhappy, hypochondriac, hypocritical associates. However, I do miss playing Scrabble with my old friend Ruby - Wow! She was one awesome Scrabble player.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit