Special A$$embly Day Notes

by PrincessCynic 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

PrincessCynic,

Welcome to JWN!

If you feel comfortable disclosing, how long have you been a JW and what led you to doubt the "faithful and discreet slave organization"?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Pricncess, So nice to read over your notes, and see your sense of humor. We don't get our Special Assembly day until next year in the Spring.

There never is anything new, is there? Good for you and your husband in attending and enduring subject matter that is plain empty.

QB

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

" One smart teenage girl said "don't accept what people tell you without looking into it for yourself"."

I wonder if she snuck that in there on purpose? Thanks for braving it for the rest of us. Glad I missed it.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Mr Freeze, no she definitely wasn't passing on subliminal messages, she was trying to make herself believe that she had researched the religion well enough to be totally convinced of it. But she only used Watchtowers to do it I know because I've been on an assembly platform and said the same thing. Also I know her and she isn't actually very smart at all, she just said something smart by accident

Ding, I was pretty much born in, now in my 20s. I've never been your typical easily led naive JW, would never not do something just because someone told me not to, which is why I'm here without the guilt. I guess I've always been a bit of a rebel . I'm not shocked by anything I read on here or JW.facts etc but I am finding it interesting.

There's quite a bit to my story but I can't say yet. I'm still very much in physically but not mentally and that's the way it's going to be for a while at least. I have my reasons. But I'm so much happier just having let go of all the guilt and pressure I put on myself to be a perfect JW, and that's enough for me for now. I hope people here don't judge me for that. Just see me as your resident spy

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

PrincessC, Loved your notes. They are so descriptive, I feel I was there. . You know your situation and what will work best for YOU .

• Mary
    Mary
    Then he talks about embarrassing stuff that happened in the 1930s. Apparently brothers were asked to display flashing signs in their windows saying something about riches and enquire within

That was just Rutherfraud's secret code for ordering Bethelites to sniff out contraband whiskey during Prohibition for him and his girlfriend. Evidently, he was whacked out of his gourd when he came up with the 'flashing signs' idea....

By the way, welcome to the board!!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My boy came to visit after his special assembly day yesterday...

I ask how it was...interesting? Esciting? nah...''average''...

any stuff about the evils of the internet, worldly people or facebook?.. nah, ''must have been asleep during those bits'' he said!

I'll be buggered, no real interest there, knows its a sham i think, but he's still gunna go swimmin' a soon...

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit