Special A$$embly Day Notes

by PrincessCynic 36 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There are so many words, and yet they never seem to complete a thought.

I feel for u. Those last few assemblies for me was a step below waterboarding.

"Witchcraft for academic reasons?" Seriously? How is that even possible?

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Why do JWs get depressed when they have the troof? (according to the old bethel brother)

Disappointment

Knocking on the same doors over and over and over and over and over and over

No one's interested

years of ill treatment makes us feel worthless (may have been talking about ill treatment from the world but we know better)

A brother might look at us the wrong way (WTF?)

Brothers can be hurtful

School is hard for JW kids

Harry Potter is at school

There are ouija boards at school these days

The Devil wants to eat us (roaring lion). We are like sleeping zebra foals

We are weary and may have a low emotional state.

Then the 'encouraging' part:

Other JWs can sometimes be encouraging.

Just sitting at the meetings is not enough, we have to participate (found this quite DIScouraging actually)

All the answers to our questions are in 1 Thessalonians (New Light?)

Don't assume brothers are skiving from the meetings. They might be building Kingdumb Halls. (I'm so using that excuse )

Don't be a straw! (that breaks the camels back)

We need to have a regulated life

Learn about depression in your Family Worship Study

A very weird experience about a Father refusing to go to his daughters wedding beacuse he disapproved thinking it was unwise to get married when Armageddon is so near!

Jokes about the older ones having waited their whole lives for Armageddon. Laughter from audience. Oh and we should imitate those older ones.

Don't leave the truth, where would you go??

Quote from my mum at the end: "wasn't that such a wonderful, encouraging talk! He was SUCH a good speaker!"

Quote from my husband at the end: "I wonder where they found him? The Bethel Bin?"

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    A brother might look at us the wrong way

I loved those looks - most encouraging part of being a JW - gee I miss those days

• N.drew
  • isojourn
    isojourn

Haha. Your recap was awesome. Good notes. Apparently nothing has changed the bOrg is still inanely repetitive and insane.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    His last talk was about encouraging the weak. I have an entire page of notes listing the reasons he gave that JWs are depressed. Felt depressed at the end of it myself.
    There are ouija boards at school these days
  • Joliette
    Joliette

Yes, ASSembly is what I would call it too. A full day of watchtower dribble. I'd rather stay in bed and watch the football game .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow..

How the Eff do they expect normal people to take them seriously?..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

TO Princess: Welcome , Welcome, Welcome! You are a riot. Glad you are on board. To think I missed this "spiritual banquet". More Assembly "Twinkies" pretty please???

• pof
    pof

'A brother might look at us the wrong way'

Yeah! Right before they molest you!

My Mom is going to the one day assembly this coming Sunday..can't wait to her what she has to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit