Why do we have to 'prove' anything to God. (This point made at assembly today)

by PaintedToeNail 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Painted" I have run into that logic talking to those who belive in Predestination.

"No matter what you do, it does not matter, God has chosen you to go to Heaven or Hell already!'

I reply "So it does not matter if I try to serve God the best I can, since I it has been decided already I can go out and party and sleep around?"

Preacher say's "That is the beauty of it all, you don't know and that is why you need to try, just in case you are chosen!"

My eyes wobble and pop out of my head, he leaves me with more questions, the way you felt today.

Did the CO really say we should be free of "Mens ideas (No Shirts but white ones.) and opinions (Only listen to Sara Brightman.) and rules (You must get at least 15 hours in field service each month. )?" "White CO man speaketh with forked tongue!"

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I couldn't go back to another one of those pieces of dog shit, chances are I would want to kill someone, I said want not do

• carvin
    carvin

Itall depends on your deffinition of who god is. If it's the WT god then yes you have to prove it because they are there watching your every move and reporting them to the higher WT gods. You will never be able to please a group of men trying to proclaim themselves as god.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Probably because that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag is really more interested in preventing us from doing anything worthwhile than in proving anything. It does waste our time when we do things to prove our devotion. This time could have been used on more productive things. It also prevents us from doing things that would have contributed to our enjoying our own lives.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

3M-Yes, it always about doing more, more, more. Nothing is ever enough, not enough time, money, volunteering in someway or other .

R anmac-It was rather agonizing. No, I don't remember the part about Jesus and the teachings of the Pharisees, I did fall asleep sometimes, and was daydreaming at others-trying to get through it the best I could.

MrMonroe-HaHaHa! I know you are commenting in jest, but, at the same time, as humans we do have to prove our love for other humans in a visible manner, be it mowing the lawn or whatever because humans can't read the heart. So your logic makes sense for proving ourselves to others. (By the way, my husband would have listed, sex, sex and more sex as the first thing!)

CJ

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Which God?

• isojourn
    isojourn

Jealousy...proving one's 'love' constantly...that relationship was too complicated for me.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

For Advocado Jake:

The Society loves to compare the relationship between God and his earthly servants with a Father-Son relationship. I do not know if you are a father yourself, bit if you are, can you imagine that your son has to do some work for you everyday before you will recognize him as your son? That would be a stupid idea, isn't it? Your son will always be your son, even when he would be a thief, a fornicator and do I know what! The only condition for which he stops being your son, is that your son HIMSELF says that he does not recognize you as his father. The same is true with God. We are his kids for as long as we do not claim the opposite. GRACE is the key-word and not undeserved-kindness. The idea that we should continuously have to prove that we love God, is nothing from the bible. It is an invention from Ted Jaracz. It is not christian at all. And Assemblies these days are boring as the north pole. I am glad I missed the last one.

Hoffnung

• Ding
    Ding

The idea that we need to "prove ourselves" to Jehovah comes from the Watchtower, not from the Bible.

The Watchtower religion is one of works – a gigantic loyalty-and-endurance test; it's all about what guilty sinners must do for Jehovah (= the organization).

By contrast, New Testament Christianity is all about what God has done for guilty sinners.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Mr. Monroe............ good analogy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit