Why do we have to 'prove' anything to God. (This point made at assembly today)

by PaintedToeNail 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The point was made at the assembly today, that we have to 'prove' our love for Jehovah to him. As I sat there, bored, this thought struck me as odd. Since Jehovah is supposed to be able to read 'hearts', why do we as humans, have to prove anything to him, since he already knows us down to our kidneys and would know if we loved him or not.

Comments would be appreciated.

CJ

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

For a JW, proving your love for Jebooba means more witnessing, never questioning the FDS, giving $$$ to the WTS, cleaning the kingdumb hall, answering up at the meetings, marking your watchtower rag, giving your time $ and energy at Quick Builds and other BS activities.

CULT!!!

• ranmac
    ranmac

I went today too. Agonizing. Every part was about sanctifying jeehovaws 'name'. Is god really that insecure? Is he really that petty?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can't possibly have a 'good heart' if you are not slaving for Jehovah's chosen cult and obeying the instructions of the leaders of His cult.

Jehovah has told you this, time after time, in His magazines and at His Kingdom Halls and Conventions.

How dare you question Him.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They mean to prove your loyalty to them - GB, organization, etc. They judge by the works they require, man-made works.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Still, it's not a bad idea. I'm contemplating telling my wife she should prove her love to me more often. Mowing the lawn, cooking better meals, fetching me beers, not expecting me to share in the housework ... I mean, I think she loves me, but wouldn't it be better to prove it with lots of hard work she'd hate?

• agonus
    agonus

Your questions answered by Jehovah's Newly Self-Appointed Oracle:

PaintedToeNail: We don't. The GB do.

Ranmac: No and no. The GB are.

Jehovah loves you. The GB don't.

Don't you all feel better now?

;-)

• ranmac
    ranmac

Mr.Monroe, TO-fu*king-CHE'!

Im gonna try that reasoning!

I also particularly enjoyed the part where the C.O. talked about how Jesus called out the pharisees on their misleading the people with their opinions and traditions and how our worship should be free from the opinions of men.

Did you hear that?

Our worship should be free from the opinions of men!

Iron Knee!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did you hear that?

Our worship should be free from the opinions of men!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

And................even more so............FREE FROM THE OPINIONS OF WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(I bet about 1/2 of the audience here won't think that's funny!!)

DOC

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mr Monroe, Funny, I was just saying the same things to my husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit