Does Looks Really Matter?

by butalbee 69 Replies latest social relationships

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's been my experience that women tend not to go for the "nice" guy who has a lot to offer - big heart, kind, good income, etc. They seem far more likely to go for the aggressive "jerk" or "rebel" who treats them like dirt.

Why is that?

All of us nice guys are relegated to “just a friend”. I’m to the point that as soon as a girl says those three magic words, I just get up and leave.

Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Looks are not important to me. I have been with both good looking men and not so good looking men. My problem is that both have turned out to be real jerks.

My only hope is to forget men and buy a blow up doll. LOL

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Case in point

Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Seeker
    Seeker

Elsewhere,

I've seen that too, but more so among young ladies (and young men). It seems to be a trend that fades with age and experience as people learn that the flashy types aren't usually the ones who make good mates.

I've never been flashy, just steady, pleasant, and normal. Did me not a bit of good as a JW teen, for all the teen girls went for the seedy and flashy types, the ones on the fringe of the organization. Well, later in life, I found I became a lot more popular as women got to see my steadiness as a good thing.

The young want excitement. The rest of humanity just wants someone to love who will love them back with loyalty and respect.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Would you go out with someone who was not physically attractive if he/she had a big heart on the inside, a great personality, lot's of things in common with, etc...

Yes. I can say this with confidence because I've done it.

I find it much more difficult to offer my graying, fat, acne-scarred self to someone prettier than I am. I assume s/he won't be interested.

But a couple weeks ago at the orgy, someone told me, "You have beautiful tits. I thought you should know."

Gently Feral

"There were cockroaches of course,
    but very clean cockroaches."
    -- Julia Vinograd

• butalbee
    butalbee

Okay, this woman has a warm and friendly personality and would treat any man better than they have ever been treated before in their lives, she would love you whole-heartedly, never lie, or be unfaithful...But would you date her?

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Never again!

• cellomould
    cellomould

It matters to me any time a girl looks my way.
    You'd better believe I am paying attention.

Second looks are nice too, when her eyes come back from looking at the sky to rest on me.

But a third and fourth can be disappointing, knowing that neither of us have the courage to initiate conversation.

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• JanH
    JanH

elsewhere,

It's been my experience that women tend not to go for the "nice" guy who has a lot to offer - big heart, kind, good income, etc. They seem far more likely to go for the aggressive "jerk" or "rebel" who treats them like dirt. Why is that?

LOL, so true. What type of guys girls say they go for is just an illusion. What they actually do in real life is so different.

All of us nice guys are relegated to “just a friend”. I’m to the point that as soon as a girl says those three magic words, I just get up and leave.

Exactly. "Let's just be friends" is the ultimate female insult to a male. It means "you don't turn me on."

The solution of course is to be a jerk And that means 'admitting' that if they don't have the looks, you just want to "be friends" at best. Alas, the downside is that young, pretty girls are narcissistic bitches. I guess in a sense jerks and bitches deserve each other

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Jan, the illusion, is how the man portrays himself to the woman. That is how we end up with bad men.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit