easy point and shoot or SLR camera?

by juni 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• talesin
    talesin

ah, Jamaica,,, that looks like the famous falls...

I spent my time in Negril ...

it's the bestest! wish I cud live there,,,,

t

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Close to Negril.....near the village of Lethe.

• talesin
    talesin

awesome! ahhh, the Caribbean is so perfect ... not too hot, not too cold,,, like goldilocks, I love it a lot.

time to retire ... good night all,,,,

xx and oo

take care, and hope all is well ...

t

• brojo
    brojo

I have a Canon Rebel SLR and a Canon G 11 point and shoot. I recommend the Canon G 11 point and shoot (or Canon G10 if you can find one).

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Any entry-level camera by Canon or Nikon is good. Just buy a hard cover case for it, and take that sucker everywhere. Pics are free, so take a picture of everthing. Years later you won't remember the camera, but you will have the photos to remember the way life was. I would like to get the Nikon D5100, but I'm a clumsy SOB, and having $1000 worth of camera on a wobbly tripod would freak me out.

• poppers
    poppers

Murren Switzerland. I WILL go there again.

Ooooh, I had a feeling it might have been Switzerland - I'm part Swiss. Wish I could go there some day.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I bought a Canon G9 about three years ago. I have taken over 15,000 pictures on it and it has performed really well. Small enough to carry in your pocket but with all the manual features in addition to auto that you are ever likely to need. As mentioned above it has been superseded by the G10 and G11. The main difference with the later models is the G9 has a 'longer' telephoto but not so 'wide' wideangle.

You will still have enough money left to buy a copy of Photoshop.

George

• juni
    juni

Again, thank you all for your valuable recommendations and sharing beautifully composed pictures.

Juni

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

check out this site

http://www.dpreview.com/

it might help you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit