easy point and shoot or SLR camera?

by juni 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• juni
    juni

I would appreciate your advice, suggestions, and brand recommendations. Thank you.

Juni

• Berengaria
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

I had this dilemma earlier this year, I chose a point and shoot for our trip to Europe. I'm so glad I did. I have enlarged these photos to 11x14 and they are still crystal clear. I haven't tried anything larger, but I plan to.

I would still like to learn more about photography and have an SLR.

• talesin
    talesin

If you REALLY love photography and don't mind fiddling around, and having a bit of a learning curve, buy an SLR ...

If you want great photos, but not really 'into' photography, point-and-shoot digital.

The digital cameras are sooooo easy to use, and take great pics! OTOH,,, if you want to learn about the old-style stuff, and have patience and passion for it, the old-style SLRs are a lot of fun.

(if you have the bux, you can buy a camera that incorporates both)

tal

• talesin
    talesin

ps. awesome photos, Ber,,, and proves that P&S can do some real nice stuff.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Brand recommendations --- Canon makes the best combination and professional quality for the new-style combination SLR/digital ,,, will cost you around $800 bux ... but as it's digital, you don't have to worry about processing costs ....

You can buy a top quality older SLR ,,, I have a Nikkon FM2 from the 70s,,, for about 150-200 bux, but you must remember developing costs, etc. The usual 'beginner' camera for the old SLR types is a Pentax K1000, which should run you not more than 100 bux.

tal

• poppers
    poppers

Great photos, especially the mountain photo - where was it taken?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I'm thinkin' the scenery didn't need much help

That is my Lumix 12.1 MP Z57

HDcard

I suppose it really depends on what you want it for. I shot stuff from a moving train/boat that actually turned out good. 1500 pics in three weeks. I can't imagine trying to mess with much on a trip like that. But then an expert would probably get better stuff faster.

SixofNine is a professional photographer, I would ask him.

• talesin
    talesin

ber, you have a pm.

and great suggestion,,, six would know!

tal

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Great photos, especially the mountain photo - where was it taken?

Murren Switzerland. I WILL go there again.

I hope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit