"don't let people stumble you"

by stillin 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

That's my wife's canned "encouragement" for me lately. Odd, I haven't named any people that have caused me any distress lately. If anything, it's the organization itself, specifically the business end of it, that bothers me.

The legal posturing as concerns individual congregations actions in matters that could escalate into courtroom matters,

the building and maintenance of Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls, (ie; the money involved)

the way that notes in the margins of the elder's handbook (conveyed at CO visits) carry more weight than the actual print.

I'm thinking that I have every right to look at the actual people anyhow! "By this you will know them..." you know the rest of that one.

I have been irregular and now inactive and the elders have an idea why, but will they approach me to help? nope!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Aside from seeing though their many doctrinal changes, hypocrisy, and self righteousness, I was stumbled most by one of their premier leaders,

Theodore Jaracz.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've got Mr. Elder Boss Man to thank............. my little children are afraid of him (actually 2 bethellites).

The way they treat the flock is not the same as Jesus treated them

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This along with the "imperfection" excuse gives JW's a reason to be absolutley socially retarded.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

stumble is another one of those watchtower words that make me cringe.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh yes I remember one CO would give his favorite stumble talk. How a person that is stumbled needs to eventually pick themselves up. Then he would go on and relate how silly one would look being stumbled and laying down in front of the KH. He would relate how people would walk by and laugh at the brother who is "stumbled". How silly he was just laying there. Yea it made for some laughs. Really minimized anyone who was having a tough time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"don`t let people stumble you"..

People who repeat that brain fart are usually causing the most problems..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Too true Outlaw.

An aunt said the same thing to me years ago. This is the aunt who recenty choose a criminal over her daughter, the aunt who allienated my grandparents from the rest of the family and isolated them shortly before both of their deaths (she got their house), who tried to get my father to by her a house, who thinks she's being followed by airplanes, who claims to have an ongoing lawsuit against a former employer *cough* Stanford *cough* (geez it's been 30 years already dear aunt can you say going nowhere?), who has slandered myself to my mother (who is crazy enough to believe her and still invites this woman into her house but my husband is too much of a scum to be allowed in my mother's house), and who actively works to keep the family divided (my father is stupid enough to listen to her and now won't anything to do with many of his brothers and sisters.

Oh I could go on and on...

• stillin
    stillin

mrs jones, don't let her stumble you

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Heh heh, my stumbling happened long before her madness came to the for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit