"don't let people stumble you"

by stillin 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

truth be known, I "stumbled" into being a witness. Life had taken some bad turns and here was stability... the rest is history

• Reality79
    Reality79

I agree with Outlaw, because it's always the actual troublemakers themselves who use the stumbling or "imperfection" excuse as an attempt to divert attention away from the real problem. The troublemakers can do whatever they want (provided they are in the clique) because they're "imperfect", yet if they cause you to suffer deep emotional injury then YOU are the one with the problem. This was one of my main gripes with this organisation which caused me to eventually leave.

• steve2
    steve2

Can you imagine a witness saying to someone in Christendom, "Oh, don't let your chruch leaders' behavior stumble you...we're only human after all.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Boy, oh boy, I couldn't agree more with EVERY post here!!! These stumblers don't get off the hook by using the "imperfection" excuse primarily because they they claim to represent Almighty God. Jesus himself said at Luke 17:2 "It would be of more advantage to him if a MILLSTONE were suspended from his NECK and he were THROWN INTO THE SEA than for him to STUMBLE ONE of these little ones."Do JW's kow or care what JESUS SAID???????

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

TO hopless. May I ask HOW a certain "high ranking leader"stumbled you? (no names, b/c the post will be removed)

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

My recently told me "remember, we serve Jehovah, not men." I felt sorry for her. She does not realize that the organization is driven by the standards of men, not God.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Stillin, don't expect the elders to come and help you. They are not trained to help weak ones, and don't be surprised if months go by and you don't see them. This theme is becoming endemic throughout the USA, elders are too inept to help the sheep. Read this please, in Ezk, and ask yourself who the ancient Jewish Shepherds remind you of?

"Whathap" the CO talk is a joke and very commical, because he never mentions the friends coming to give you a hand, to help you back up. The focus is only on guilt and how we need to get over it! He never mentions elders coming out to pick somone up, so this must mean they can drive their car groups over the person on the ground. This all done, because the spirit annointed are imperfect men, who should be perfectly obeyed.

MrsJones, It is not great how Aunts can be so wicked and show their true colors when money is involved. Why are family in the WTS so wicked and evil to their family but kiss the asses of DannyTheDrunk, WheelChairEd, ElderJiffy? Do family think Jesus said to "hate each other in the faith?" I think they read the Gospels incorrectly as usual.

Read Ezk 34

Ezekiel 34

New Living Translation (NLT)

Ezekiel 34
    The Shepherds of Israel

1 Then this message came to me from the L ord : 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds, the leaders of Israel. Give them this message from the Sovereign L ord : What sorrow awaits you shepherds who feed yourselves instead of your flocks. Shouldn’t shepherds feed their sheep? 3 You drink the milk, wear the wool, and butcher the best animals, but you let your flocks starve. 4 You have not taken care of the weak. You have not tended the sick or bound up the injured. You have not gone looking for those who have wandered away and are lost. Instead, you have ruled them with harshness and cruelty. 5 So my sheep have been scattered without a shepherd, and they are easy prey for any wild animal. 6 They have wandered through all the mountains and all the hills, across the face of the earth, yet no one has gone to search for them.

7 “Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the L ord : 8 As surely as I live, says the Sovereign L ord , you abandoned my flock and left them to be attacked by every wild animal. And though you were my shepherds, you didn’t search for my sheep when they were lost. You took care of yourselves and left the sheep to starve. 9 Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the L ord . 10 This is what the Sovereign L ord says: I now consider these shepherds my enemies, and I will hold them responsible for what has happened to my flock. I will take away their right to feed the flock, and I will stop them from feeding themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths; the sheep will no longer be their prey.

The Good Shepherd

11 “For this is what the Sovereign L ord says: I myself will search and find my sheep. 12 I will be like a shepherd looking for his scattered flock. I will find my sheep and rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day. 13 I will bring them back home to their own land of Israel from among the peoples and nations. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel and by the rivers and in all the places where people live. 14 Yes, I will give them good pastureland on the high hills of Israel. There they will lie down in pleasant places and feed in the lush pastures of the hills. 15 I myself will tend my sheep and give them a place to lie down in peace, says the Sovereign L ord . 16 I will search for my lost ones who strayed away, and I will bring them safely home again. I will bandage the injured and strengthen the weak. But I will destroy those who are fat and powerful. I will feed them, yes—feed them justice!

17 “And as for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign L ord says to his people: I will judge between one animal of the flock and another, separating the sheep from the goats. 18 Isn’t it enough for you to keep the best of the pastures for yourselves? Must you also trample down the rest? Isn’t it enough for you to drink clear water for yourselves? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? 19 Why must my flock eat what you have trampled down and drink water you have fouled?

20 “Therefore, this is what the Sovereign L ord says: I will surely judge between the fat sheep and the scrawny sheep. 21 For you fat sheep pushed and butted and crowded my sick and hungry flock until you scattered them to distant lands. 22 So I will rescue my flock, and they will no longer be abused. I will judge between one animal of the flock and another. 23 And I will set over them one shepherd, my servant David. He will feed them and be a shepherd to them. 24 And I, the L ord , will be their God, and my servant David will be a prince among my people. I, the L ord , have spoken!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I used to like the BMW driving, big house owning , designer suit wearing, 3 holidays a year elder in our cong who used to give the "snare of materialism talks"

• wobble
    wobble

Several well meaning Dubs I spoke to after leaving came out with the "we musn't be stumbled by men" crap 'coz they thought that must be why I left, look you thicky JW's, if I put up with them for 58 years it ain't hardly gonna be one or two A-hole JDubs that makes me go.

I didn't put it like that, but they don't think do they? I made it plain it was not for that reason , which as I was leading a moral life and hadn't left to become a transexual or something, it only left Doctrine as the reason.

Funny, all these custodians of the "truth" did not try to show me where they were right and my assesment of their doctrines as crap was wrong, I wonder why ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit