Are there ex-jws who haven't read Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk?

by mutinyinheaven 31 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ah yes, I remember him.

Didn't read that one either, lol.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    i find there's a handful of ex-jws who are sadder than jws, same righteousness, still misplaced.

You tell 'em, Tony!

Peace to you, as well!

SA, on her own, whose name is posted in her profile, who lives in the East Bay (Oakland), who does't mind "some" advertising but thinks that it can go overboard... and who hasn't read your book because (1) she wasn't raised a JW and cannot identify/does not share the same... ummmm... "feelings" as those who were (sorry, folks, but it's true - and my own upbringing was "colorful" enough), and (2) her children, who were raised in it are out now but according to them don't have terrible memories of it (other than long meetings and field service); to the contrary, they consider it to have served its purpose Ikept them out of a trouble) and now they just don't need it any longer - but still have many exJW/JW friends in their lives... so, no point...

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

it's ignorance to be proud of what you haven't read BP. what HAVE you read?

like i said, i only wish more ex-jws read beyond this self published and woe-is-me memoirs of being jws. i am the first one to do this and get the traditional publishing industry as well as literary scene interested.

forget reading me. read something beyond the internet. show you have authority to be proud of what you haven't read.

too busy with james joyce? klosterman? that would show some intelligence instead of random, useless "lol"s. i'm reminded of many idiotic jws and ex-jws for being proud of what they haven't read.

library cards are free.

maxim doesn't count.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't have a problem with someone advertising a site related book here

Jesus Jerk glad you btt I saw this when I was at work and didn't want to order on a work computer..... I tried to order it but the links just go to another link and I got lost someplace in your site and had to tap my heals and say "there is no place like home" to get out.... can you put a simple link to order it??? I read all ex-jw books I can find

FS

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

Hi FS,

my website is going through major overhaul.....they had to bring it back to the old site before making other changes.

amazon, bn.com or paypal $12 to [email protected] for a personal signed postpaid copy (within USA, email for quote outside of USA) or hit up most book stores in the USA and you'll find it.

here's amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Teenage-Jesus-Jerk-DuShane/dp/1593762631/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262901810&sr=8-1

enjoy,

tony

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

my order has been placed

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I just ordered the book from amazon.

The reviews are good.

I'm looking forward to reading it.

• Violia
    Violia

Tony

I ordered your book and read it. I thought it was very well written. the parts about the suicide were difficult. I was so worried about your parents when I finished the book and wondering if you got to Paris.

I have to remind myself that your father is an elder and you are accepted by the group. So many of former jws who leave have just been kicked out and have no friends or cousins or cool friends of their dads to help them. In short, even though you have suffered, you lead a nice life. there are a lot of embarrassing former jws - folks who did not have cool friends.

I was very touched by so much of it however, even if it was the story of privileged kids agonizing about life. That is OK, Alanis Morissette made a lot of money like this.

I am waiting for next book and if that was true about your folks, I want to hear all about them .

short, Congrats, you wrote a good book.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Just finnished Good book. Slighly "R" rated for those faint of heart Not in a pervy way, just open and honest. Couldn't put it down till I was done so looks like all my chores for the day will be tomorrows.... and the racy stuff didn't bother me

We are all human

thanks for writing the book

FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit