Snowless Australia wins winter Gold!!!

by Flip 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Flip
    Flip

Let me try to be the first to congratulate Steve Bradbury for skating a brilliant race and winning Australia's first Winter Olympic Gold Medal!

Which is surprising because the population of Australia probably wouldn't know what snow was if it slapped them up the side of the head. :)

Flip

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I think that is called winning by default, skating a brilliant race or sure he was dead last missed a mix up and won the gold *hehe* by default. get real.

• Flip
    Flip

Hey Buff's, it wasn't Bradbury's fault the four other guys couldn't skate and crashed. Hanging back and letting the leaders fall all over them selves like the WTBTS writing department coming up with 'new dogma', was brilliant strategy!

Steve’s was a classic ‘tortoise verses the hare’ race to win Australia's first winter olympic gold, ever.

Flip

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

is this true?
    As an Aussie I havent heard anything about it yet.
    Doesnt sound like the kind of victory anyone would really want.

I also heard they reversed the decision on the Canadian sketers giving them their gold. Is that true?
    (I dont watch tv)

• TR
    TR

refiner,

I also heard they reversed the decision on the Canadian sketers giving them their gold. Is that true?
    (I dont watch tv)
    Yes, the Canadians got their gold, but so do the Russians! I guess the French judge has been suspended.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• cornish
    cornish

Prehaps I am wrong,but I thoght there was snow in the snowy mountains in winter,could any Aussies correct me please.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

In Winter there is snow cover down to around 3000 feet in Tasmania, Victoria and New South Wales.
    There are approx 8 major mountain areas in Vic Nsw, that get snow cover 3/4 months of the year.
    Lots of skiing.

I watched, for the first time yesterday, the Canadians performance on replay..they wuz robbed

• bigboi
    bigboi

The guy was so far back, the American Apolo Anton(?) had time to fall down, throw two guys off of him, get up and still almost win.

ONE...

bigboi

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

yeah.
    but he didnt.
    Let the ozzies have their moment of sunshine. We have a bit of a complex down here. Feel isolated, feel a bit second class. Winning gold and having Russell Crowe about to win back to back oscars is good for our psyche.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Actually this looked like brilliant strategy. Stay at the back /cos you know that in a race with yanks they'll always want to crash through!

Steven has been in the top 10 in the world's speed skaters for the PAST TEN YEARS.

Sorry Flip you've led sucha sheltered life and aren't aware of the geography of the Great Southern Land. You do know where it is, don't you?

But thanks for the congrats.

Just to put this in persepective:

THIS WAS THE FIRST EVER GOLD MEDAL FOR A SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE COUNTRY IN A WINTER OLYMPICS

Good, eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit