Does anyone know the networth of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society ?

by Balaamsass 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

Net worth = TOTAL ASSETS - TOTAL LIABILITIES

Also, the value of WTS properties have plunged just like they have for many individuals and companies in the US. They are "worth" what people are willing to pay. That is why the WTS took the Bossert off the market. They must be hurting for cash so have put up some smaller properties for sale willing to take the loss or the real estate market has improve some.

Liabilities
    Anything a company owes to people or businesses other than its owners is considered a liability. There are two types of liabilities:

• Current liabilities. In general, if a liability must be paid within a year, it is considered current. This includes bills, money you owe to your vendors and suppliers, and short-term loans.
    • Long-term liabilities. A long-term liability is any debt that extends beyond one year, such as a mortgage. (Blondie: that WTS often borrows against their properties)
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

One thing the Watchtower does not suffer from is a high level of liabilities. The joy of running a religion is you can get people to donate both money and labour for new buildings, rather than lend the money.

Falling property prices is not of too much concern, as the Watchtower can afford to hold assets till the property market recovers.

The issue the WTS is facing is falling levels of income to support ongoing expenditure.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I can only hope that the WTBTS is asset rich and cash poor. Money is the life blood of any organization. I can only hope that the WTBTS' cash flow statements are very RED.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I am sure, I, along with many others, feel the wts is not worth a pinch of shit.

Ooops. After putting glasses on, I see that it is NETworth. Oh well, same applies.

Cheeses - the wholly holy holey one.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/07/11/house-of-the-day-former-watchtower-printing-plant/, http://www.onebrooklyn.com/pdfs/New%20York%20Times%20Homes%20-%20May%202011.pdf ,

Been googling realestate sales for WATCHTOWER. WOW (above links)!!! That is just some of the little buildings. I got a kick from reading some of the comments from NYT times readers like #2 :"Nice business. Renovations and maintenance done by unpaid church members whlie no real estate taxes are paid and reap the reward at the time of sale. Isn't it time that we end tax exemptions for religious institutions?" Worldy Times Reader quote. LOL

Nice business. Great business model. Find old buildings and buy them with donations and 0% Loans. Remodel with donated materials and labor. Pay NO proerty taxes for years. Sell AND pay no taxes during the SALE!!! What a scam to make BILLIONS!!!.

Now off to Jones town with the loot!!! How many years can the Governing Body survive on the yearly intrest $$ on BILLIONS of DOLLARS...hummmm.

Jim Jones..such a 2 bit bush leaque player.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Been digging around. Very little info......

The Real Deal: "Over the next decades, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, as it is officially known, bought up some incredibly valuable real estate as its operation expanded. Today, the organization’s portfolio totals 25 Brooklyn properties — brownstones, Beaux Arts multifamilies, modern high-rises and parking lots — that are said to be worth at least $1 billion.

But the Heights’ largest landlord may soon be its biggest property seller. Continuing a trend that started in 2004, when the Witnesses sold a warehouse that became the condo One Brooklyn Bridge Park, the group has been steadily downsizing in order to relocate upstate.

Indeed, the Witnesses have built a new printing plant in Wallkill in upstate New York, and an educational center across the river in Patterson. It’s also planning an $11.5 million facility in Warwick. If that proposal gets a green light and market conditions improve, a slew of properties in Brooklyn Heights, Downtown Brooklyn and Dumbo could soon change hands".

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

wow...I'm projecting backwards in my head to how I would have reacted to this as an active JW.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I didn't realize just how SECRET this information was. Thousands of members on this site. Over 70 former headquarters volunteers...yet we really have no idea. Hard to "follow the money". Hummm

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Anyone work for Chase Manhatten Bank? YOU WOULD KNOW

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

A little more Digging. I guess the major deposits would NOT be at JP Morgan/Chase Bank. Once again the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is such a BIG financial player they were invited and attended the International Hedge Fund Conference in London Sept. 11-13 2011.

I checked the attendee list- and The Watchtower Society was a repeat attendee. I got a kick out of one of the seminars. Bro Russel would feel at home with the Giza great pyramid calculations.......

17.45 - 18.30

Shooting for the stars: Alternative ways to enhance performance
    As the hedge fund world becomes more main stream the word alternative seems to be losing its meaning. In this last panel of the day, we look at the true meaning of alternative as it applies to out of the box ways of looking at the world. Can astrology and numerology, and other non-conventional tools, help managers pick better stocks, time their portfolios.

Moderator:Niki Natarajan, InvestHedge

Speakers Martin Armitage-Smith
    Swen Lorenz, ARRB
    Davina MacKail
    Shelley Von Strunckel

Cocktail reception with private viewings of: Medieval Europe - The Paul and Jill Ruddock Gallery
    Clocks and Watches - The Sir Harry and Lady Djanogly Gallery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit