How long can one continue as an unbelieving JW?

by mankkeli 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Is it really possible to continue as a JW but not believing in it anymore. For how long can one keep up with this pace of life?. I will appreciate it if any scientific study had been done on this and what has the result showed?.

Is it possible to keep on attending meetings, delivering parts, being used on Circuit and Special Assemblies, hanging arround in field service, sitting on Judicial Committeess while you dont believe in it anymore. How long can this mechanical way of life really last?. Please be constructive in your view.

Mankkeli.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    I will appreciate it if any scientific study had been done on this and what has the result showed?

SMH

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

NRFG - How is your side?, are you in similar boat?

• jay88
    jay88

bttt,....could not help myself

• Bella15
    Bella15

How long can this mechanical way of life really last?. Fortunately, it is not a life or death sentence, but it can last for as long as one personally wants it. Meaning, as adults. we have the power to stop it, to change it, some don't do it because of fear, not so much of God, but peer and family pressure; and this goes for any kind of double life. Appearing "normal" to others takes a lot of energy, and the conflicts may lead to depression.

I will appreciate it if any scientific study had been done on this and what has the result showed?. I don't know if there is any scientific research on this aspect related to JWs, but any study on living a double life can shed a lot on the issue.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ive got a year and a half so far. Hows that for scientific...?

• Alfred
    Alfred

Why would anyone spend any time or resources conducting a scientific study on non-believing/still-in JW behavior patterns? I think the time and money would be better spent finding a cure for cancer... just saying....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nothing scientific......

In my case I had to immediately plan an exit. I felt that I could not drop it all and tell them what for, as I really really wanted to do - for fear of family reprisals . A slow fade lasted a few months in which I felt a terrible hypocrite . That is the worst of all.

Some though seem to live with it for years, indefinitely in fact. I suspect that there is a proportion of todays teens and twenty-somethings who never "got it" anyway, and they keep warming the K Hall seats and going door to door by rote, not knowing or caring whether it is really true

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I think a more pertinent question would be: How long can one continue as an unbelieving JW and avoid mental instability?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

MickeyMouse - You rephrased it well, whats your view on the mater?.

Blues Brother - Indefinitely?, that must be a miracle!.

Alfred - Considering the fact that more than 8.3million people have either been disfellowshipped or disassociated themselves since the religion started in the 19th century. Any research done would really be worthwhile.

Bella15 - Thoughtful remark, " any study on living a double life can shed a lot on the issue." I wouldnt disagree with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit