New KH and lies to the council!

by punkofnice 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Just before I stepped off being an elder the local congo were buying a piece of land with a building on it to convert (no pun intended), into a KH.

One of the things as I understand it was that they were going to have a flat for the CO in situ but report to the local authorities that it ws just a janitors flat. Apparently if the council knew it was for the CO it would be unacceptable for some reason. (Forgive me for being a bit sketchy but twas many moons ago).

They laughed and thought this blatant LIE was OK (theocratic warfare I guess).

I don't know what happened about it apart from the fact it isn't converted yet.

If I find out the CO lives there I wonder if it's worth reporting them to the local council!!

Regards Paolo!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Oh Yeah!!!! Do it!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

REPORT IT!!!! put it in the news paper

• Bella15
    Bella15

If the Country, City or County you live in require that its Citizens report this kind of issues - LIES -, then by all means Paolo, by law you have to report this stuff ... remember ... to Caesar what belongs to Caesar ...

• Alfred
    Alfred

I would report it just to see how this would play out in court (if it got that far)...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Janitor = Faithful and discreet slave!

• BroMac
    BroMac

i think you may have missed the boat punkofnice

all the CO's were thrown off Dale Farm already!

BroMac

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi punkofnice, definately send a letter to the council with photocopies of WTBTS literature about theocratic warfare/strategy so that the council is aware of how JWs behave to governments while the council is considering the cong's request. You could also send them the following link to how JWs negociated with the Bulgarian government about Df'ing: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/bulgaria-blood-transfusions.php. It is better to prepare the battlefield berfore you report that the CO is living in the flat.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• james_woods
    james_woods

Why would the city council care if it were a janitor or a CO living in the flat?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There are laws in place for a reason. However, laws can be overturned for good reason. If the JW's in the area felt the law or ordinance was unfair, or the reason for the law/ordinance was not applicable to their specific building plans, then it was up to the JW's to approach the city with that request.

What they basically did is similar to what others do when they build a 2nd unit in thier home to rent out, or other plans without the proper permits. A neighbor will eventually rat them out and the city acts accordingly.

With that I say rat them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit