New KH and lies to the council!

by punkofnice 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

The CO can wash a few windows and police the trash off the KH parking lot every week.

Oh wait, does the KH even have windows!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The CO can wash a few windows and police the trash off the KH parking lot every week.

Being a janitor is too demeaning for an exalted CO.

It is fine for all the rest of the JW masses, though.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

They have to pay some sort of tax if anyone lives on the premises.

• james_woods
    james_woods

But I still don't understand - what difference would it make if the apartment was for a janitor rather than for a CO?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the janitor wouldn't be living in it....

• james_woods
    james_woods
    the janitor wouldn't be living in it....

Huh? Then what would it be FOR?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My guess, james-woods, is that there are special ordinances for a manse or rectory or whatever else you call a minister's home on church property. If the CO lives in the apartment, then the property probably needs to fall under those sets of rules. If it is a janitor or caretaker of some sort, there are probably a completely different set of rules. One would need to know the local ordinances to know exactly how they are viewed differently.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe, Mad Sweeney, maybe - but that would be the first time I ever heard of such a law.

• moshe
    moshe

Unless the elders can show that some bowing and kissing of the feet and hands of the CO is going on in that apt, it's not a place of worship and as such is probably taxable as residential real estate.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

exactly. Each type of use has different tax schedules. My guess is they wanted the cheapest. Not a crime in itself but as dispensers of the "truth", they should at least tell the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit