A different kind of "trip".

by LoneWolf 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

your suburb will love you, just see it now, plp bangin on your door yelling ...............................................................

years ago plp 3 doors down from our home had bee hive, they were a pain in the butt, esp when i was stung there LOL

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ahhh....but they might also like their fruit and veges being pollinated finallysomeprid...

You know what greenies they are out this way...LOL

And you shouldn't have had your butt out...next time keep it in your pants.

• finallysomepride
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Whateva.....

today it looks like this in the ranges...you are just jealous cause we get rain...LOL

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This is everyday here

• still thinking
    still thinking

pseudo aussie

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

always a kiwi

• still thinking
    still thinking

except when a pseudo Australian...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is so neat LoneWolf!!! We have a few YJ's that hang out in our back yard. We put out fresh water daily for all of the Animals and other critters that come by, and there is one YJ in particular that comes when we are changing the water. I think he guards it. He flies around while we are cleaning the water trough and when we are done he flies straight over and drinks the water, then goes on his merry way until he is thirsty again. We see him quite often, and whenever we go near the water, he comes flying to see what is going on. Happily, he doesn't try to sting us. Maybe he knows that we are only there to provide water and that we aren't a threat.

Approximately how many YJ's make up a pound? I imagine it would have to be at least a few thousand?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Love the pics and experience, LoneWolf! That sounds like such an interesting business! I'm one of those rare women that likes bugs and vermin lol. I'm usually the only one who remains calm when they're around. I've been stung by Yellow Jackets and you're right, the sting itches like mad!

still thinking, I love honey bees . I walk up and pet them when they're on the flowers hehe. Years ago I wanted to keep bees, and while there is a lot involved, it seems like such a sweet (no pun intended) hobby. The polinated fruits and veggies are a bonus . There are lots of resources online about the subject.

ETA: There is a site I just looked at about keeping bees in suburbs/cities. He had some really good pointers! http://outdoorplace.org/beekeeping/citybees.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit