Effects of the Evolution Theory

by mankkeli 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

NC, I'm not very good at tennis but it does seem that you have put the ball outside the court so I'm not going to return that ball (for example I did not say that there was a prevailing view of inadequacy. Did you say prevailing because you wanted to allow the possibility of some inadequacy on the part of the Europeans. If you did then you understood what I was actually saying and in that case the ball was in). And I am definitely not romantic - more of a realist/idealist with romantic edges that have disappeared to achieve my exit form JWs.

But as is it now my turn to bat, this what I will say. Political structures use religion to achieve their ends and these political structures when focused on their own aims to the exclusion of all else are brutal and dangerous. Politicians (kings, chieftians in the old days) seem to have used religion to get themselves into office and then used it to justify killing and genocide in order to keep themselves in power. Mind you they believe that they are the best thing for their people and they probably are at that particular time in history (there is no denying this if we set aside judgement and examine figures like Julius Caesar and Napoleon - mind you they died early and many considered this a blessing. But they brought in much needed changes by breaking up the power of the aristocracy who at the time were using religion as one of their many measures to keep power in their own hands). Of course all members of the aristocracy were not like this. It is no different today but will we learn from the past? it seems to me that the evolution theory was used in the same way that religion was used.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OH DEAR GOD (This thread certainly needs one)

Why dont you keep informed and up to date?

Steven Pinker has already showed that humanity (incredibly) is less violent now than at any other period in history. If you are too lazy to read his work, look at the interview with him in a recent "New Scientist."

Violence increases with the religious certainty of its perpetrators.

Read the BIBLE for Gods sake - look at the Islamic World look at Europe during the wars of religion. How were the common people treated in the middle ages when everybody was a believer?

At least Atheists dont claim that an invisible all knowing sky fairy is telling them to kill humans who are not of their race or creed.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

PS -

The Apostle Paul did not condemn slavery. He told slaves (even of Christian masters) not to seek freedom.

The slavery practiced by the jews in Babble times was far worse than the they claimed to have suffered under the Egyptians.

Genocide, slavery, vengeance, religious wars, children bleeding to death, shattered families, homophobia shall I go on?? are all effects of belief in a sky fairy.

The Good bits in the Babble were written by HUMANS whose natural instincts told them all there is a better way.

HB

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Mankkeli and Larsinger on the same topic! We are blessed!

Anyway, Mankkeli seems to be paid by some neo-protestant group to spamm our forum with stupid topics. He fails to realize that many wars had and have a strong religious background. Even some of the examples given by him fall into this category: Serbia is orthodox, Croatia is catholic and Bosnia and Kossovo are mainly muslim. This has nothing to do with evolution and it's concepts. Extrapolating a biology set of rules into a mindset of a given human group is stupid: people are not violent because they realized that nature asks that of them! The majority of the planet don't even know who was C. Darwin! I bet my car on that! Just put a machinegun in the hands of a religious zealot and he will go kill someone, like a good little robot.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    The Good bits in the Babble were written by HUMANS whose natural instincts told them all there is a better way.

That made me laugh hamsterbait...never thought of it like that...LOL

• primepaid
    primepaid

harun yahya is the man brothers on this matter, what ever he has said it has happened, over 1200 now, and now he sais jesus is alive and that moshea is alive also, brothers in hs latest statements alot of events will take place after 2012 until moshea we say mahdi and jesus is revealed and that peace and tolerance will rule the world INSA'ALLAH

to all those who don't know about harun yahya pleas evisit

http://www.harunyahya.com

and also many others that refute darwinism

surf as you wish

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL. We aren't in the market for a new cult. That is all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit