Effects of the Evolution Theory

by mankkeli 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Complex systems always develop from simpler systems, not from things that are more complex.

The claim that an infinitely complex entity (which supposedly always existed) made humans from dirt is exceedingly more unlikely than the gradual progression of subatomic to atomic reactions, simple chemical reactions to more complex reactions, and simple organisms into more complex organisms.

Creation was always a poor explanation, but in the presence of knowledge, belief in creative acts by magic sky gods is indefensible.

It is quite irrelevant whether it would be 'better' or 'nicer' if things were made by a happy sky friend, because it simply isn't the case.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Evolutionmakes no statement on the origin of life, it simply states that the environment cause changes that living organisims adapt to - evolution is change over time.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

Psac, you're statement is quite confusing. Are you saying that since evolution can not give us an answer to the beginning of existence that God is the only other option? Or are you saying that comparing evolution to Creationism is pointless BECAUSE evolution doesn't concern the beginning? (which is a false statement by the way)... Or something else?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Rather than progress toward unity, humanity in this century has experienced racial and national division on an unprecedented scale.

I disagree. The opposite is in fact the case. Wars have been on a downturn for decades. Almost everywhere, living conditions are improving and human suffering is being mitigated. The internet itself is an early iteration of De Chardin's "noosphere" concept. History is increasingly proving Teilhard De Chardin's Law of Complexity correct.

So while evolution cannot be blamed for all of man’s ills, it has helped push the human family into ever greater hatred, crime, violence, immorality, and degradation.

This is incredibly stupid and wrong. The view from 20,000 feet, across the grand sweep of human history, shows the human family becoming ever more enlightened, moral, and good. There have been and will continue to be short term set backs. Three steps forward are often followed by two steps back, but the long term trend of a humanity that is evolving biologically, culturally, and technologically is upwards and it is accelerating.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    But the acceptance of the theory of evolution, this brutal struggle-for-existence mind-set, this survival-of-the-fittest idea, has not served to improve man’s lot.

The Theory of Evolution is not about a brutal struggle-for-existence, nor a survival-of the-fittest idea. Evolution is about the change in inheritable characteristics in living things over time. Regardless of what kind of value or meaning we assign to it, we see the process at work in the fossil record and in the laboratory. Biological evolution is reality.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Psac, you're statement is quite confusing. Are you saying that since evolution can not give us an answer to the beginning of existence that God is the only other option? Or are you saying that comparing evolution to Creationism is pointless BECAUSE evolution doesn't concern the beginning? (which is a false statement by the way)... Or something else?

Evolution does NOT deal with the beginning of life, it doesn't make a statement on that ( although some evolutionary biologists might).

Am I saying that God is the only option as to WHY life came to be? (not I didn't say HOW)

I believe that God to be the best option as to WHY the universe came to be, yes.

I think it is right to compare evolution to ID and any other theory as to how life came to be the WAY it is but evolution do not deal with WHY it came to be.

I believe in evolution, we see it everyday and it can't be denied and I don't have any issues reconciling a divine creator of LIFE with HOW life went about changing to deal with the environment it lived in.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think that long before the 19th century the Church really, really, wanted the earth to be the center of the universe.

Too bad science invented the telescope and discovered the 4 biggest moons of Jupiter.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another cut and paste of someone elses work..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

That is an oversimplification, James. The church funded the research that discovered those four moons. Geocentrism was the consensus scientific position at that time.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The effects of evolutionary scientific understanding is a continuation of opening the door toward understanding of the world which we live in

and which we are a part of.

Mankkeli's openly post - IN THE early 19th century, religion and science enjoyed a fairly amicable relationship.

A perceptive and decisive lie, for most part religion throughout history has always stood in the way of human scientific discovery and evaluation.

Since religion is structured on the agreement of a set of lies and persuading ignorance, to establish power and control toward men,

scientific discovery and knowledge was seen as a plausible threat by known spiritually seers.

As it still does to this day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit