If I hear one more person say...

by iamwhoiam 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

"Even if we don't agree with new light, we should ask ourselves, where else would we go? Without this organization, we would never have learned the basic bible truths we have today."

This was stated twice in commenting and once by our conductor during our WT study yesterday. Our COBE also commented that, "we should never have the attitude of disagreement in regards to new light." Instead, let's have an excited attitude. Let's ask ourselves, what new light can we look forward too at this assembly? What is something new we can learn?"

Kill me now. The org are master brain washers. Now when I see it in action, I become ill. Playing with people's lives is so sick.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah,yesterday's meeting was one of the more disturbing. Felt like getting up and yelling "Don't you see you are all being manipulated!"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I see a change getting sent down the pipeline, their greasing people up for it

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

. . . . where else would we go?

That is part of the fear, isn't it?

And, evidently (like that word?), some who have left have experienced that emptiness, or void, or whatever you want to call it.

See this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/217953/1/my-spiritual-need

Do you think this is because we have become accustomed to having our entire set of social friends and all of our "socialization" pre-planned for us, that thus many of us actually may lack the ability and skills to replace this "pre-packaged" agenda with one of our own?

DOC

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

iamwhoiam: Have you read Steve Hassan's first book? If not, I think you'll really enjoy it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Teaching the light we knew is obsolete, now we know new light is denying what they also teach which is, Jehovah does not change. How can they call what they do "in the truth" if it changes?

• designs
    designs

Oh that Truth

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Leaving: No, I havent read that book yet. I would like to though. I've been mentally out for a long time, 5 years, maybe more. I just stay in for family. I don't even think I can do that anymore. I read the book, Tao Te Ching at the beginning of that time period, it was a real eye opener, along with the book Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. After being awakened to reality, as well as experiencing a nervous breakdown from having the wool ripped from my eyes, I secretly explored everything else. So now you know how much pain im causing myself by doing something I don't believe in (eg. service, being an MS).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

iamwhoiam: You are in for a real treat! It's available on Amazon as a used paperback, for less than eight bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0892813113/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1320679617&sr=8-1&condition=used

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Where else can we go?"

I don't think that's what Jesus said. He said "To WHOM else can we go?" There are plenty of other "where's" to go. This board is one of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit