If I hear one more person say...

by iamwhoiam 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS has always and persistently stated that their organization and theirs alone has presented bible truths above and

separate from mainstream Christendom. Part of the propaganda machine they have solely created for themselves is to indoctrinate

people with this assertion.

As devout JWS they are instructed to think this way and thats why JWs are so sternly objectable when discussing WTS. doctrines.

As a result there is an every present aura of fear to even question or evaluate WTS doctrines.

Make no mistake about the fact the WTS. has been spinning and controlling peoples minds with their marketing strategy for some time now.

Essentially they have said question us and don't follow and obey are doctrines and you'll die at the great day of judgment of Armageddon.

With that notion in place and after people being committed to this religion for years, its no wonder whenever a new or changing doctrine appears

the majority swallow it up like soup on a spoon. Fear and guilt is what supports this organization without it would collapse very quickly.

• Jewel
    Jewel

You can't say that you are inspired by Jehovah (and therefore infallible) and then when you've said/done something obviously wrong say, "But we're imperfect humans" (elders) or "we just got us some New Light" (GB). You've gotta pick one or the other. You can't be infallible and imperfect at the same time.

And while it's hard to pin down exactly when you can say Russell invented the "religion", he published "Three Worlds and the Harvest of this World" in 1877. If you use that date as a beginning point (and there are arguments that you could start farther back) the "religion" is at least 134 years old.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

Brilliant book, it accurately describes the psychology of the organization which is amazing consider it was written before Chuck Russell even started it all.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Hiding Questioner: The breakdown didnt last very long, I had a hard time with it about the first 3 to 6 months..even made me physically ill. But once you take the whole red pill and not just half, there is no going back and/or holding on to existing beliefs. This is why I choose not to talk about my personal views to my family. They are happy and are up in years..the org is all they have..and I won't take it away from them. Ignorance is bliss in this case. I am only in my low to mid 30s (my age sounds like a weather report)..so it is a bit easier for me.

I guess the key thing when it comes to recovering from being indoctrinated over a long period of time, is to be willing to accept what is....which is a very hard thing to do. To admit that you were wrong and be able to start over again mentally from a whole different perspective on life. There is an initial shock (emotional breakdown), but eventually you rebuild yourself over time.

If you are still in the org yet out mentally, it can still be a challenge since everyone you see/associate with in your congregation believes something contrary to what you believe; not to mention walking on eggshells hoping you won't slip up and say something. Sometimes that can make you feel like your crazy since your thinking against the majority. You just have to keep reminding yourself of who you are and that its not a "sin" to think for yourself. No one has the right to tell you how to think or feel...always remember that. I personally am only in for family reasons, but that probably won't last much longer.

I was watching the wizard of oz the other night..and it reminded me of my journey. You start down the path (yellow brick road) and you begin to use feelings/things you never really had to use before (brain, heart, courage). You put them all together in order to face your fear (questioning the wizard) and you then find out everything you believed in was a lie (a man behind the curtain). You feel the onset of shock (a break down), then mad (reality of being lied to), despondent (don't know what to think now), and then finally you become ok with thinking on your own (freedom).

In short, your now walking down the never ending path of enlightenment..or whatever you choose to call it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone
    Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

If one were to describe the psychological mind set of a devout JWS this would come pretty close.

Delusional hysteria, cultivated by an infusion of fear induced phobias.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I subscribe to MR Freezes view. " Why do I have to go anyhere ? " Exactly. Who or what says we have to join ANY group or organization in order to be a good person and help people in practical ways ? People can do that on their own quite well. It's the great lie and myth in our modern society and throughout history that people NEED a religion or join a GROUP in order to be good people. Personally- I think joining groups turns people into mind controlled drones and robots unable to think for themselves ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

THEIR answer to that is "must not foresake gathering together"........

(Please do not shoot the messenger....I'm just saying........that's THEIR reply.)

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit