Hello - new

by freshstart 43 Replies latest jw friends

• freshstart
    freshstart

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. Born-in, as was my husband. We were both baptized as teens, married when we were teens (he was early 20s) and we were both the "perfect" Witnesses. He was a MS and gave talks, we had assembly parts, yada yada yada. Anyway, we started realizing things weren't right and, although still feeling conflicted, we started a slow fade. We've been inactive now for 2 years and honestly, we've NEVER been happier! We don't live in fear of being destroyed and worrying about making enough field service time. We have a toddler now and we will not be raising him as a JW. Life is good and we're looking forward to all the joy it can bring!! :)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Totally awesome first post. Welcome.

Woo Hoo for your toddler, a first-generation non-JW. See ya around the forum.

• freshstart
    freshstart

Thanks! We definitely don't want him living in the JW bubble that we lived in. God it's so exhausting constantly thinking that all "worldly" people are bad association and somehow out to destroy your faith. Puke! Even thinking about it makes my head hurt. Freedom is sweet....

• LV101
    LV101

WELCOME --- so happy for you/your family.

LV101

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Freshstart: what an appropriate screen name! Welcome, and congratulations to you and your husband for not bringing your child up as a slave to the Watchtower. It sounds like you both realize the truth about THE TRUTH, and now can look forward to a rewarding life together. I hope you enjoy the forum, and will be around here for a long time to come.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Welcome to the board!

• Gayle
    Gayle

So wonderful to hear/read! So many best wishes. Your son is so "lucky" (hee-hee) to have such smart parents.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Freedom is sweet!

Welcome!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Freshstart

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! The older your son gets, the more you'll realize how abusive it is to raise children as jws. Good for you for getting out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit