Is the effect of beer different from that of wine?

by compound complex 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Drinkers:

Beer buzzes me but wine does not speak to me ...

Can you speak from personal experience?

Scientif studies welcomes if you have no epxperience.

CoCOO

• mummatron
    mummatron

Yes. Beers are about 4-6% alcohol, whereas a glass of red is approx 12%... in Britain we have a unit measurement which is designed to help us figure out how much we can safely drink and still legally drive (the limit is 2 units) without getting confused by alcohol volume percentage. In terms of units, I can drink a lot more beer than wine without suffering for it, LOL. Just don't ever mix the two. I have learned that one the hard way on more than one occasion!

• Spectre
    Spectre

I'll get a miserable headache from beer that makes it so I don't even want it. Not that crazy about the taste anyways.

A couple of years ago I was drinking a fair amount of wine and started getting chest pains so I quit drinking as much.

Hmmmm...This reminds me that I do have that bottle of zin I've been saving.....Its getting opened tonight!

• mummatron
    mummatron

CoCo, were you on the beer when you posted this?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Spec and Mumma:

Very helpful insights.

Yes, Mumma. I believe I was celebrating a friend's break-a-leg theatre performance I just returned from.

I'm back to my dull, old self now.

Love,

CoCo

BTW: I mean that beer slays me but wine does create mere chatter from me but not incompetence.

• recapitated
    recapitated

I don't know if it's because of the yeast and/or carbonation but yeah, beer kicks me in the head and wine is just fine.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't like the taste of beer and wine (especially the red) gives me a massive headache.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The last couple of years before I went into rehab I quit drinking beer and switched to either wine or bourbon as they put alcohol into the system faster. And beer makes you pee more, especially when you are drinking at active alcoholic levels.

Does that help?

PS I'm over six years sober, a much better lifestyle.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In a shot YES

but trust me SPIRITS are worse

smiddy

• Farkel
    Farkel

coco,

Same chemical in beer as in any other alcoholic beverage. Let us call that "x". If you have enough of "x" in ANY beverage, it has the same effect on your body, no matter what beverage it is in. The only other factors are sugar content in the beverage and maybe some other stuff a chemist knows about that I don't.

Hic.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit