Having my stitches out....

by Louise 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    he feeling is like itchy, burny, tingly, pulling, sensitive, numbish - all in one. It's very irritating and my thumb can't 'rest' - like restless legs - if you've ever had that.

Yea, I got restless legs alright...

I recall the feeling of stitches most of all after an appendectomy at age 10. I vaguely recall waking up a few hours after the operation and feeling a stitchy itch which I promptly scratched, as one might do. Of course the haze of anaesthesia or whatever was still in effect and I, not knowing what I was doing, pulled most of them out. Not irie. Some noise ensued and I was soon attended by a blurred flurry of uniformed people who administered immediate sleep and a patch up job, naturally. The rest of my stay was uneventful and when the stitches finally came out, I'd say it tickled a bit, despite the soreness of the incision. Good thing it wasn't an operation that needed blood methinks.

But I hope you heal quickly. Hand injuries are limiting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Typically, the removal of stitches is nothing at all to worry about. Even still in pain, they should not effect your pain level.

• Louise
    Louise

ok - so that was beeping painful and I have a high pain thresh hold. The ones through the nail were a breeze, but the other 4 through the meat were so painful I screamed at the doctor and told him I would take them out myself.

He calmed me down and proceeded to get them out. It was a combination of the awkwardness of the stitches along with the caked blood which refused to budge.

They are out and now more healing can begin. I've dipped it in saline solution, alcohol swabbed it, dabbed it dry and put a thin gauze over it while I'm at work (gems an' all)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sorry to hear about what happened Louise ,Never mind about the alcohol on the thumb , plenty in the gut will do you wonders , just saying.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit