Having my stitches out....

by Louise 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Louise
    Louise

and I'm a little scared.

Yes they are ready to come out. My thumb pad is tingly and burning. The skin around the stitches is numb.

With the injury being so bad, it is going to take at least a year for my thumb to be 90% recovered.

The feeling is like itchy, burny, tingly, pulling, sensitive, numbish - all in one. It's very irritating and my thumb can't 'rest' - like restless legs - if you've ever had that.

I just hope it's not sore!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What happened to your thumb?

• Louise
    Louise
    Slammed it in the kitchen door crack - so hard that the wood sliced through and detached the thumb pad meet from the bone. Not my best day.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    As a child I once got my nail ripped from its nail bed when my finger was in the door crack. Ouch!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Ouch, that had to have hurt. When I was a baby I got three fingers caught on the inside of the door, it almost cut off the end of one of my fingers.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Wish you a gentle healing. that must hurt like hell.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

Don't worry, getting stitches out isn't too bad.

I sliced the pad off my thumb a while ago when I knocked over a wine glass and caught it in mid-air. The feeling has taken about a year to come back but it's almost normal now.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So sorry for your poor hand. Hope it gets well quick.

Marina

• zeb
    zeb

comiserations.

Have had similar. Keep up gentle movement in it.

also; we saw some reports on the troubles you mentioned. Yow! not nice at all.

• stillin
    stillin
    Thanks for not showing us! Sorry for your pain. I hope you mend well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit