Missionaries in Tiawan asked to give salaries back to bethel...one resigned!!

by Witness 007 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A friend from Australia's first "Ministerial Training school" was excited to go to Asia as a Missionary....only to return in disgrace!!! The government lets them stay if they become "english teachers" and except a part-time job for a salary {which is generous}. Bethel told him that the money he earns on the side while a missionary belongs to THEM!! HAND IT OVER and we will give you your "allowance." {small change $$}.

He left after afew months....dishonourable discharge we called it. He thought they were greedy.

• moshe
    moshe

What a crock- he was smarter than the rest of them. I hope this black-mark with Bethel gets him kicked to the curb, so he can get away from the KH.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for him to make a stand.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Gooooood grief....

What MONSTERS!!!!!!

Words cannot express the contempt I am feeling for the Watchtower Corporation right now...

Over and above the level of contempt that I USUALLY feel for them, that is...

• recapitated
    recapitated

They represent their monstrous god perfectly. If 'it' was real 'it' would be quite pleased with them.

• Roski
    Roski

When the ex and I were special pioneers we moved to a new assignment and lived in a house which had been built by the previous pioneers on land donated by local brothers. We did additional work to the house. We also paid rent to the society.

I find it funny now, that in the midst of recent family events I was blown away by the blatant greed and dishonesty of some elders (acting on society's instructions) and yet when I took the time to look back at my own experiences and read past history of the society, I should not have been surprised at all.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

wow, greedy for every little penny. At least he can come home and say he taught English overseas, and was paid to do so. That's gotta look good on a resume. Now maybe he'll use his talents for himself and his family.

NC

• designs
    designs

Cold Heartless Greedy Bastards.

The closing Bethel Homes should be used for Shelters and Senior Living centers but I doubt it will ever happen.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

What was their basis for expecting the salary to be handed over? Because I see it no different than them asking any publisher for their pay

• Alfred
    Alfred

wha happened?...

Their basis is that missionaries are supposed to to take a vow of poverty... by taking a part-time job and keeping the money, they demonstrate greed and bring reproach on Jehovah's name. So the WT lovingly helps these missionaries by taking their salaries and giving them a monthly stipend imnstead... in this way, they give a fine witness and contribute to the worldwide life-saving work...

(sorry... I was about to write some more but I'm making myself sick with this BS...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit