Just saw an elderly JW man...

by zengalileo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

he was walking with such a slump, dragging his feet, carrying a jacket, magazines barely visible just hanging from his fingertips. if body language has any validity to it, this man was deeply discouraged and depressed. I remember that slump too. Late afternoons, behind on my time, no one around to talk to, no partners available, just walking down the street by myself, my life slowly rotting away with every step...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That just sounds painful

• Free!!
    Free!!

That's a really sad sight.... Honestly I wish I had been there.. elderly people just melt my heart, I do not have the heart to try to refute what they tell me, I just listen.... after all, most of them have spent all of their lives in the borg... is all they have... :(

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Tired, alone, walking down the street, and no social security or retirement.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's so sad.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

these are the ones I really feel for, even if the give it up, what do they have?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh it's way too late for them. No retirement, perhaps no family or family still in. Too late to grow a pension or social security. Likely gets to the hall early and no one talks to him. Can u imagine that load on you everyday, and yet you still go out in service, because the end is near.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

All the more reason for us to try to get 'em out while they are young. My mom is only 64 but leaving would likely kill her. She really has nothing else in her life.

• shamus100
    shamus100

And that is what keeps most in - there is nothing for them on the outside.

It become little more than a social club cum high-control group. There is nothing that you can do for most other than offer them support if they choose to leave.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ya know that is something to consider. What is the tipping point for those where it just doesn't benifit them to leave? What a prison

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit