Just saw an elderly JW man...

by zengalileo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's how I saw my future a few years ago.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

my mum is almost 80, and for her to leave or if the wts admited it's aloud of crap, it would kill her, despite the hassles she has with other members, it is her social outlet.

• shamus100
    shamus100

More people than most would care to believe knows it's B.S. but have nothing else to go to. It's a self-fulfilling scripture in the bible, taken out of context thanks to the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society (tm), all rights reserved

• unshackled
    unshackled

My mom is only 64 but leaving would likely kill her. She really has nothing else in her life

serenity...my parents are that age as well. Used to think I had to try get them out, but have come to that same conclusion. That, and what shamus said...there's nothing you can really do anyways. They live in a miserable state, convinced Satan and this evil world are torturing them. Sad they'll never see what they've spent their entire lives hoping for.
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

The borg warns that there is nowhere else to go, and then they proceed to make sure that's exactly what happens. They will take your family, your friends, possibly your job and your home, your children. What they REALLY mean is, where will you go? We've stolen eveything you care about".

NC

• moshe
    moshe

I went out in service with a an elderly JW man last year- mid 70's at least. He lived alone in a trailer- none of his family ever became JWs- it must be a bitter pill for him to be alone and not be able to say to his relatives/children- "See, I told you so, JWs were right!" He came in a month later to where I worked and I could see the beginnings of mental confusion/dementia as he struggled to understand how to get his license tags renewed. His days of usefulness to the Watchtower Corp are basically over.

• shamus100
    shamus100

You can be completely assured, Moshe, that JW's will not visit him now that he is no longer useful.

JW's don't care much for the elderly at all.

• compound complex
    compound complex

That is very sad, and, as an old man now, I can relate.

I had many good experiences as a Witness, but mental instability had me between manic highs and depressive lows. All I wanted to do was talk about the Bible, but WT instructions demanded I should place literature and direct attention to the Organization. Wishing so much to honor Jehovah, I would at times go out in service looking like a JW but not really talking to anyone. People would know by my appearance that I was a Jehovah's Witness and, consequently, say His Name, so I reasoned.

What a pitiful way to pioneer.

I'm in recovery ...

Love,

CoCo

• cptkirk
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To Serenity Now and Unshakled: My husband and I are roughly the same age of your parents. We were both 3rd generation and true believers. We have been phsycally out a couple of yrs beginning

with illness and depression. However, we have been mentally out only a couple of weeks. This site did the trick because of threads and posters like this . NOTHING like the evil apostates portrayed by t

the WTS. Stay kind and loving you Never know what doubts or discouragement may be hiding under the surface. We NEVER shared ours with anyone-especially our child. (didn't want todiscourage)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit