If You Never Were A Witness Do You Think You Would've Had A Vastly Different Life?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

There is a flaw in this question, especially for many born ins

Often it's this situation:

If it wasn't for the "Truth" our parents would never have met, therefore we would not exist.

• watson
    watson

I've asked this question many times over the years. Good one. But..it always seems to come back to what somepride mentioned above. Great discussion/excersize.

• minimus
    minimus

There are many very intelligent and gifted JWs. It's too bad they couldn't fully exercise their talents.

• designs
    designs

Wt.- Throw your talents on the Bon Fire of the Lord.

• watson
    watson

Agreed. Many "high achievers" in my gang. Some have broken free. Better late than never. I often wonder what could have been. But, fortunately, for most, life goes on.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

watson

That question I too have asked myself many times, and it has always come back to that, my parents would never have met, the chances would have been so slim, I even if they did, time & circumstances would would have been different too e.g. sperm & egg

• moomanchu
  • moomanchu
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,my parents married before they became Witnesses,but may have got divorced before I came along. If you ask this question to active Witnesses,there is always one sister in the crowd that said she would have been a prostitute,lol.

But,I really don't know what my life would be like. I guess like most,I would have gone to college,and maybe I would have been married by now.

• d
    d

I would have been a lot more politcally involved and getting more involved in helping my community and events to help the disadvantaged.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit