If You Never Were A Witness Do You Think You Would've Had A Vastly Different Life?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well to be honest I would have been raised by my mom not my dad... She is psyco but if it wasn't for the JW's she would have won cusody. She is into education so I probably would have gone to college sooner. I would not have been abused by 3 JW's so would have more confidence. I would be in California. Life is odd if I had to do it over... as long as I knew all I know now I would.... Find a way to meet my wonderful man.... but I can't change the past just the future

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

imasheilatoo you had your 1st child at 42! Well good for you! I'm 36 and no go yet...

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

I would have lost my virginity a decade sooner.

I would have learned to make regular friends and would probably have friends now.

I would have family in my life rather than having every single one of them shunning me.

I would have gotten my first divorce for a reason better than an ancient invisible Hebrew imaginary deity named YHWH.

I would have played sports in school like mad, maybe even earned a partial scholarship from that or the grades I had.

I would have earned any kind of college degree at all rather than just being a shitty HS grad.

I would have set up a 401k or some type of retirement plan when I entered the adult work force.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Damn I'm a whiny b*tch!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Probably would have gone to college, had pretty good grades in HS.

But then like Mickey, may have done drugs, or gotten involved in things that could have sent me to jail. I was pretty stupid back then, the college atmosphere probably would have been bad for me...But then again, maybe I would have had "street smarts" if for not being a naive JW.

You never know...fun to think about though. Could have been a lot better, could have been a lot worse.

• designs
    designs

drank-

With that Resume you would have been #1 on the Assembly parts

• ziddina
    ziddina

I would have gone to college - possibly even have become a paleontologist...

Who knows which new species I might have discovered??

I have a quote I pulled from a book on the Watchtower Corporation - unfortunately I didn't note WHICH book this quote came from, but I'm going to have to find it again...

Here 'tis:

"Death by Non-Life.
    Mircea Eliade once stated, "A person who steals the vision of another has murdered his soul".
    These dramatic words capture, I believe, the essence of one of the WTS' most collectively damaging concepts. In order to separate its adherents from the rest of humanity and subsequently control their lives, the WTS has with determination and singularity of purpose, severed individuals from the creative urges that are so important to mankind and his progress. Potential doctors, researchers, ecologists, artists, poets, musicians, intellectuals have been stirred into the melting pot of WTS life in an attempt to stifle the unique voice that cries out within each of our hearts. ..."

That about sums it up...

Zid

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

There are a lot of things that could have been different about my life had I never been a JW. However it would depend on what religion, if any, most of my family had, or at least my parents. While a JW, I used to imagine what it would be like to be a Jew nowadays but now that I'm out I wouldn't want to be one, as some of you know, I'm thinking of converting to Christianity in general (as I've always belived in God and believe that it's part of my personality to believe and keep searching for evidence of a higher power.)

I don't know whether my mother still would have been abusive or not because I don't know what it is that caused her to be so insane, as I have no other way to put it, to treat me that way. It may not have been as bad though because part of her anger in life was the way her childhood was because her parents were JWs.

I know that I love to learn, and I've always wanted to know the truth, and I think that's part of who I am as a person. I don't know what path it would have lead me on had I not been raised a JW. I imagine I would have been healthier, they would have found out about my Asperger's sooner because my parents would have wanted to take me to the doctor's whereas in my real life they were against it for quite some time.

I would have liked to have gone to college longer (I quit after a year because I was suicidal and anorexic) and if I had I wouldn't be unemployed now. I might even have a child right now. I probably would have married someone else, just because my life's path would have been different, unless of course soulmates are a real concept =P

Anyway, I could say more but you get the gist.

• mamamo
    mamamo

I would have better social skills when it comes to dating and the opposite sex. I would have gone to college on scholarships, because yes, my grades were that good. I would have found somebody who did actually love me instead of hooking up with a guy because the world was ending soon. Since I would have gone to college, I would make more money and life wouldn't be this hard.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is possible but not certain. One thing that was certain was that I lost a $32 an hour computer programming job in 1989 partly because of the witlesses. They felt that it would interfere with boasting sessions and field circus, and that I would be working for the military. Had I applied, I might have gotten the job (or I might not have). But, had I got the job, it would have made a big difference in my income. It would have also meant having substantially more invested--whether in the stock market, in gold and silver, or some combination of both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit