What is your purpose and passion ?

by caliber 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

"To love is to risk not being loved in return, To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken

because the greatest harzard is to risk nothing at all ! " In even trying to suceed there is purpose

To me there surely must be difference between acceptance and outright resignation

• designs
    designs

The Environment.

...and my grandson, actually all children, I want a better world for them.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I adventure travel 2 months of every year.

Seeing the human spirit first hand is my passion.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My passion? My family and creating stuff with my hands by way of the fiber arts. I'm crazy about my hubby and kids and I love knitting, crochet and sewing. Recently I've really gotten into collecting vintage sewing machines and sewing machine attachments. I'm most proud of my 1928 Singer Treadle and I can't wait to get it in shape and sew on it. I desperately need a sewing/craft room.

Family, fabric, and yarn. That's what gets me going.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch
    We're all going to die, and we are the lucky ones.

leavingwt, I was curious if this was from that wonderful first chapter of Dawkins' Unweaving the Rainbow,

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here."

He wants it read at his funeral... I don't blame him. ahahah

• caliber
    caliber

Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Attributed to Howard Thurman

Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark. ~Henri-Frédéric Amiel

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

TheUbermensch: Yes, this is where I first heard it expressed like that. When you look at the math, it's true, most people are never born. Sounds strange, but there it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit