What is your purpose and passion ?

by caliber 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

It seems to me that many who leave JW's become very well informed about their former way of life and their desire to change from this life style. But many seem to

become very sarcastic and cynical , they seem to lack any sure direction or purpose in life. but for life to have

joy and meaning it is important that we feel fulfillment. Like this quote... " Nothing great in the world has been

accomplished without passion " Please share your idea as to purpose and passion in life ! Is passion a very individual or thing

or what ?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Have you been watching Oprah?

• caliber
    caliber

No I have not seen oprah... why do you ask ? Is this a current topic today ?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's just the kind of terminology and subject matter that she uses.

I was just being light-hearted, no harm meant.

• caliber
    caliber

ha hahaha !.... humor and lightheartedness are important to my purpose in life... helps to share and

be able to laugh with a friend

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

caliber: For believers and atheists alike, Thoreau's words are true.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. "

We're all born naked, hungry, crying, wet and scared, and sometimes it doesn't get much better.

We're all going to die, and we are the lucky ones.

• caliber
    caliber

@ leavingWT

Your quote may be very true.. but it is my desire not to stare at my life in such hopeless conclusion !

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

I have spent the couple of years since being df'd on learning how to properly treat people with kindness, compassion, and love.

It took over a year to wash all of the pre-judging and hate out of me but it is such a relief to be done with it.

I feel like that is kind of my purpose in life now, to be a good person and treat others as if they are too.

My passion is music though. With the newfound evenings and weekends that I reclaimed I have taken to studying, writing, and performing all sorts of music. It has filled that hole of time with a hobby that is rewarding and truly mine.

Gabe

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is from a NY Times article, just two days ago. Allow this reality to sink in.

"Tens of thousands of people [in Somalia] have already died, and as many as 750,000 could soon starve to death, the United Nations says, the equivalent of the entire populations of Miami and Pittsburgh."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/giving/some-aid-trickles-into-somalia-surrounded-by-death-and-disease.html?scp=7&sq=somalia&st=cse

• d
    d

I have a lot more angerier at injustice and hope to create a foundation that helps people across the world. I want to be able to put an end to horrors such as poverty and child hunger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit