when you were a jw did you believe in cavemen ?

by looloo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

i was wandering round the natural history museum in london last week and saw the early man skeltons and learned about how they lived and what they ate etc and thought about the adam and eve who i was taught about at the kingdom hall that seemed to just ignore the fact that people lived many thousands of years ago and not just 6000 . as a jehovahs witness how did you feel about early man skeltons being found and the dinosaurs etc and how did you manage to explain it in your own mind never mind to anyone else ? i was told by an elder that if your given a plate of food and dont like something on the plate do you just leave it all ? as an explanation for not all with "the truth" making sense !

• designs
    designs

Have you read the Society's books on Creation. Science and the Bible are a tough fit. The Society, like Creationists, deny most Dating methods from the Sciences.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I've always believed in cavemen & Cavewomen LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

I always doubted that Humans were only a few thousand years old. Quite a few of my friends knew how I felt, and never challenged my POV. But it was one of those "wait on Jehovah to sort it out...?".

Yeah like that was ever going to happen.........

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a JDub

Dinosaurs I always felt they existed but just not sure when. Still they fascinated me.

Cavemen? Well I just thought they were blokes living it rough but still intelligent and probably the result of fleeing the tower of Babel after te confusion of languages.

Now I'm a 'mentally diseased' 'apostate' that Jehu should 'slaughter'.

Dinosaurs. No change in thought.

Cavemen? I haven't thought about them much so don't know.

Tower of Babel? Myth, fairy tale. Possibly a parable about working together or some confection with a slight grain of history.

• designs
    designs

Study up on Damascus Syria, dating goes back to 10,000 BC. That means Genesis is wrong, Adam and Eve are wrong, Original sin is wrong, Flood wrong, a Messiah is wrong, Paradise etc..

• undercover
    undercover

What comedian said that creationists watch the Flintstones and think it's a documentary?

• xelder
    xelder

As a JW kid, my mom taught me that seashells found on mountaintops were from Noah's flood. We thought most scientists were part of a scheme to discredit God and purposefully printed anti-God theories with no basis. We were sure smart Freddie was smarter than all of them. (sigh)

Geology and astronomy have taught me a lot....we were idiots

I thought cavemen were monkey skeletons that scientists told wild stories about.

• designs
    designs

For the ultimate Chagrin moment trying getting LAUGHED off of a College classroom stage because I explained Fred Franz's view of Genesis

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

The only cave man I ever believed in and still do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoPRRd8qqzY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit