when you were a jw did you believe in cavemen ?

by looloo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I remember being very young and whenever something about a caveman being on TV, my parents telling me cavemen weren't real. I remember not fully understanding what a caveman was. I mean, a cave sounds like reasonable shelter for ancient man. Why wouldn't people live in caves? Then they explained that a caveman wasn't a man like today, they were some supposed being on the step to man that was part of that evolution nonesense.

Somewhere along the way, I began to accept that they existed along with the theories that go along with that.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

@ punkofnice --

When I was a JDub

Dinosaurs I always felt they existed but just not sure when. Still they fascinated me.

Same here. I remember sitting in the K.H. one boring Sunday meeting...ya know - daydreaming (a healthy mental exercise for a good JW child to engage in - LOL) and thinking, "...but, but....what about the DINOSAURS?" It bothered me. What with the incessant blathering of "You see, Brothers and Sisters: we have been here only 6,000 years...oh, then there was this HUGE global flood that destroyed everything except for a floatin' boat with a small family and their pets..." and yet we were taught about dinosaurs and cavemen and such in School...it never made sense to me. My little brain was all "WTH with what Br. So and So is saying? Something ain't right here..."

Betcha my dad regrets not having us home-schooled.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Have you seen my relatives? I believe they're still around LOL

• designs
    designs

Big Foreheads are in style again

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Other than the Geico commercial, no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest