I don't believe there is a heaven...

by Snoozy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think there could be, Snoozy. But I know for certain going to some building won't get you in if it does exist - if at all.

Live the best way you can. And above all, never be too hard on yourself. :)

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

why argue what is unproveable? let people who want to believe in JC believe in JC. Does it affect you adversely what they believe? It is like 2 people who have never even seen a car, arguing over how it works. There are worse things someone could believe in. let them be. By the wasy it is ok if you do not believe in JC or heaven. If there is a God of love he will undoubtly(hope that is a word) forgive you. If he doesnt then he is an asshole and you dont want to worship an asshole anyway. I cant forgive you because I dont think it is a sin. And if I am wrong and it is a sin it has to be a little itty bitty one.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Doesn`t basic astronomy debunk the heavenly myth ? Outside of the earths atmosphere , space, their is no up or down,only over their.

Up and down only exists in a relative sense to our plane on earth , so heaven is not up their.

Thats just my 2cents worth

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

Like,,, TOTALLY, Farkel!

snoozy,

It does not matter what we believe. When we take that ultimate dirt-nap we will or will not know the answer.

Just die first. Only THEN will all those silly questions will be answered.

I'm close to finding out before you do, but even so, from all the evidence we have about that, I won't be able to send you an email and let you know how it goes when I bite the dust.

If I can, though, I will!

Farkel

t

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

SHAMUS: I think there is something but the god of the bible has nothing to do with anything that may or may not occur.

You are gravely mistaken. Jehovah is real and alive and will have a profound impact on what is soon to happen. Where we are now in history has all been prophesied about and is coming true.

But I do acknowledge the need for self comfort in the current situation where God's direct interaction is missing among the general public who wait for some didatic or visual confirmation of God. But the elect enjoy that confirmation and interaction of God and holy spirit , especially since 1947-1950. So there are two camps right now. Those inside and those outside. The wise virgins are inside the banquet and wedding feast and the foolish virgins are outside trying to get in, but it is too late. The "extra oil" (knowledge) of the wise virgins is not shared with the foolish virgins.

Even though I have more direct confirmation of God and faith, I do recognize the challenge for those with doubts. But it will all work out in the end just as Jehovah has arranged, which means all righteous persons will get eternal life. Jehovah doesn't expect everyone to work through the maze of Satan's deceptions, only some of us can do that. So just keep believing. "It will not be late!"

LS

• ataloa
    ataloa
    sleeping forever ruins my plans for the future...

lol! I'll have to remember that one.

• Farkel
    Farkel

ding(y),

You said:

:Do you believe that Aristotle existed? Socrates? Archimedes? Eratosthenes? Plato? Julius Caesar? Hannibal?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

:But not Jesus... Morever, some those historical figures actually wrote books. Jesus wrote not a single page that has been discovered. In fact, since he was raised as a poor peasant Jewish carpenter, he may have be illiterate.

Unlike Jesus, there were many commentators of the day when those other people lived, some who liked them, and some who didn't.

The ONLY ones who wrote about Jesus were his faithful and close followers who chose to write about "the son of GOD" at least 30 to 50 years after he died. Not one single Roman or any other non-Jew who were witnesses to his acts and "miracles" and who WERE literate wrote a single word which has been discovered wrote about him.

Even Josephus' single comment about Jesus of Nazareth is second hand information about Jesus and in fact was annotated (as I recall) after he wrote his monumental tome. Josephus never saw or met Jesus.

Yes. I am a skeptic about that. Even if Jesus of Nazareth did exist, why did no one but his own followers write about his spectacular miracles: raising a rotting corpse, feeding thousands with a few loaves of bread and a couple of sardines, cure lepers, cast demons into poor old swine and make them commit swine suicide (that is MEAN). The notion that a human could raise a rotting corpse which was dead for 3 days would have been spectacular news and even hard-core Roman soldiers would have been moved to at least write it down and make sure what writing was preserved. More likely, they would have shouted that single miracle alone to the rest of the world. They didn't.

Yes. I am a skeptic about that. True believers scare the shit out of me. They will KILL people because of their lack of evidence and even their fantasies. Rational people are just looking for reasonable answers, and those kinds of people do not scare me.

Farkel

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I guess I was surprised at my daughter's belief..I just never thought after being raised a JW that she would ever turn around..she really believes that everyone will go to heaven..because that is what the priest tells her at church.

When her FIL (not JW) was dying they all talked of meeting him and heaven and he died peacefully..the scene ws such that he would go and meet them alter. They all believed it. I was a little jealous. Now my daughter is surprised at my beliefs and I feel dirty..

But to be honest, I can't lie about how I feel. And I can't help how I feel.

And BTW, I never believed there was really ever going to be a paradise either..I really wanted to but it just wouldn't come.

So here I am. Waiting for a devine revelation of some sort..

If God sends me a letter telling me he exists, I want it notorized..

Snoozy..

Farkel said and I agree:

"Yes. I am a skeptic about that. True believers scare the shit out of me. They will KILL people because of their lack of evidence and even their fantasies. Rational people are just looking for reasonable answers, and those kinds of people do not scare me."

• Heaven
    Heaven

* Enters Thread... Stands with Hands On Hips *

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute... I'm right here!

• Neon Bible
    Neon Bible

I know how you feel. I had to get away from the watchtower and was agnostic for 10 years to deprogram myself before I could look at everything with a clean slate. It's great to question such things and to use your own mind. I never drank the watchtower cool-aid thanks to that. The older I get the more I find myself not being surprised by just how strange this physical world is. Everything we know and can comprehend is formed in this physical dimension that we occupy and can relate to in such a short existence. Makes you wonder what's out there and why Humans have such a pre conceived component to comprehend the spiritual and such existential thoughts.

As Woody Allen once said, "I can't sleep at night, I just lie awake thinking about death and the abyss."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit