Disfellowshipping Rescinded!

by 00DAD 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

The whole notion of Dfing is evil, on many levels. It involves men judging and basically executing men/people. Imperfect and flawed men who judge and execute others is wrong.

Why don't those assholes just leave all of that up to the God they claim to represent instead of playing the God they claim to represent?

If they are honest enough to admit they can make mistakes (which they do and which they NEVER acknowledge) and if their God NEVER makes mistakes (whom they believe He does not), then why do they not leave decisions of that magnitude up to the higher power that they claim to serve?

I'll tell you why. They are delusional assholes who think they have the power of the God they claim to worship, which they usurp every chance they can. They don't worship that God. They think they have the power of that God and they use that power they CLAIM with zero evidence to execute people who disagree with their lies, and shennanigans.

They are evil. God doesn't mess around with the lives of people on this planet. God is silent about that. God may or may not care about us. I personally think God DOES care about us, but I also personally think God does not use a religious Printing Empire to take care of us. The WTS DOES mess around with the people on this planet.

God isn't evil. THEY are evil.

Farkel

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Yes, but it is very rare. There was an experience on this site some years ago. From memory, what happened was the brother was disfellowshipped and he appealed. However, the elders anounced that he was disfellowshipped without following the appeal process properly. On appeal, the brother had the disfellowshipping decision overturned. So the congregation at the following meeting had to announce that he was not disfellowshipped. The brother then just stopped going to meetings.

"When that didn't work, I set up a meeting with the circuit overseer. His response was that since the elders decisions are guided by holy spirit, any decision they make is not a "mistake"."

Lasch - Welcome. That is such a stupid comment by the CO. If the elders were directed by holy spirit and don't make mistakes, then why does the Society allow for an appeal process?

• watson
    watson

I'm going with Flipper on this one.

• talesin
    talesin

Sorry, I haven't read the thread completely,,, but Kwintestal, a member here, had his DF rescinded.

They DF'd him in absentia for 'apostasy' because they had been TOLD he was attending a church. It was announced that he was DF,,, all official. When he heard about it, he had his lawyer send them a letter, saying they had done it with no proof. They reversed the decision.

It may be here in a thread,,, search "Kwintestal" if you want to find it.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Farkel, I don't believe in God,,, but you are so right!!!

THEY are evil.

Farkel

tal

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Lasch...welcome to the Board!

I have heard of a very few DF'ings being appealed and rescinded, but it is very rare...after all, as Lasch mentioned, the proceedings are guided by Holy Spirit so they can't be wrong.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Well put Farkel!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I know that the appeal process has worked for the benefit of some R & F. Been told that by some Elders.

I, personally don't remember of any D'Fings that got reversed. But I know of a few that stood a good chance if only the accused had taken the leap.

Reason why many R & F do not seek the appeal process is that the JC often has been known to tell the accused that if one should seek to appeal, it is evidence of lack of humility and lack of faith and further proof of guilt. What a crock!

But the fact that some have been reversed, makes you wonder how many others should have been as well. I know of too many Elders who have been known to use poor judgement while serving on JCs. Thats' why Farkel makes such a good point.

Good topic!

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

During the years I was an elder I was involved in a couple hundred JC cases. I can tell you that rescinding a DF never happened or even came close to happening. A few cases were appealed but it was very rare if a person was retained and the DFing was reversed.

What the appeal committee is assigned to do is look for a "serious oversight in judgment" from the original committee. Was there a mistake made at the time of the original meeting is what the new group of three are supposed to be looking for.

I know of one case where a young brother had 4 beers in the span of about 2 hours. He drove home and got pulled over by the police and given a DUI. They then DFed him. (And he did have a background as a bit of a drinker) He appealed and the ruling was that a mistake had been made by the original 3 elders, and public reproof would be all that is required because he was not technically "drunk" only slightly impaired.

At any rate, holy spirit is not a player in this IMO, it is men judging other people, pure and simple. Spin the wheel...some win, some lose.

• talesin
    talesin

At any rate, holy spirit is not a player in this IMO, it is men judging other people, pure and simple. Spin the wheel...some win, some lose.

Yes. This is so true ...in one sense, how horrific!!! And what a responsibility to place on those men,,, yes, some are power-hungry,,, but others are just nice guys who are truly,,, imho,,, lost. :(

Which is why, when LEGALLY CHALLENGED, they had to rescind my friend's DF.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit