Disfellowshipping Rescinded!

by 00DAD 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Other than cases reversed on appeal, the only case that I ever heard of being completely rescinded, as if the person had never been dfd, was probably actually a JW urban legend. A sister turned up pregnant and denied that she had committed fornication. Some time later, her dentist was convicted of raping women while they were under sedation. He turned out to be the father of her child and she had been assaulted while unconscious.

I don't know whether I can believe the CO that told us that story though.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

was the dentist a smurf?

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Uncle was disfellowshipped years ago. No one will tell me the reason why. My assumption is that he probably didn't agree with some doctrine or change to doctrine. A year after he was given the boot, they disfellowshipped the lot that disfellowshipped my Uncle. They didn't reinstate my Uncle.

This never made any sense to me.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Jim TX ... Was that Captain Kangaroo? HA!! I'm showing my age now.

No... it was Captain Gus. (locals will remember him)

Regards,

Jim TX

• talesin
    talesin

00DAD Hey, you found the theads!

Here's the final two threads, confirming Kwin's "UNDIFELLOSHIPPING"

Billy-the-ex --- this one is not just a JW urban legend.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/97658/1/OMG-YOU-MUST-READ-THIS-My-appeal-letter-worked

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/98022/1/My-undisfellowshipping

tal

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Billy The Ex... That is a terrible story, I must feel for that poor girl.....I once sat on a committee that d.f'd a pregnant girl who would not name the father. I do not think that it was anything like that though...........

I have never known a case to be rescinded. One Bro was d/f'd and then reinstated just a few weeks later . WAs that an admission of a mistake? We all wondered but of course nobody would say

• 00DAD
    00DAD

talesin: Thanks for finding those last two links. It will help my research! You're the best!!!

BluesBrother: One Bro was d/f'd and then reinstated just a few weeks later . Was that an admission of a mistake?

Ya' think! What a messed up organization. Of course so many elders (and brothers in general) will NEVER admit to a mistake. But in their defense, they learned this behavior from the WT Leadership.

• blondie
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

blondie: Thanks for finding those last two links. It will certainly help my research! You're amazing!!!

• shepherd
    shepherd

I was around when there was a reversal in one congregation. One elder called Smith had been meeting another man's wife alone and in the end the husband broke his nose for it. He was not liked by the local elders so they decided to DF the elder because he had ignored previous advice not to meet with this woman alone. His argument was his kids were in the house (but not in the same room).

He appealed, and it was reversed. The reason was never explained from the platform but it was soon common knowledge - the elders had told him he was to be DF'd but announced it before waiting the full 7 days he is granted for an appeal. So on this technicality it was reversed on appeal, by elders who were his friends. What was odd about all this was that the Bible says nothing at all about having to wait 7 days, nor about not being in a room with a woman alone. Also, the elders who DF'd him originally had no interest in repentence or not, they just wanted him out - yet not one of them was removed for abuse of power or anything like that once he got reinstated.

Some said it proved God was controlling things since it was resolved in the end but really there was no evidence of Holy Spirit from beginning to end.

As for the guy who broke his nose, he got DF'd! The elder took him to court and they decided, since he had broken a nose, he was guilty. They considered that the elder had been warned before not to mess with his wife or be alone with her - so they awarded the elder the minimum $20 compensation and he had to pay all his own court costs. Now that's justice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit