Comic relief from Cornwall

by THE GLADIATOR 24 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

bigmac -- okay, fill us in,, I'm Cdn,, it probably wouldn't take *too* much explainin' ... :D

ps, if it helps, I totally love MP, and all its players!

tal

• cantleave
    cantleave

John Prescott, The PRIDE of British politics.

• talesin
    talesin

LOL, I am thinking you are being sarcastic,,, wontleave!!!

hahaha! I will do some googling and reading re Prescott,,, :)

tal

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

wobble -You are right St Austel and Tribune ale also Betty Stokes ale.

finallysomepride - You are 1/4 Cornwallian/Kent...3/4 Irish. That would be Cornish from the knees down!

Black Sheep - So You'd love to be able to spend more time there. Sheep are very popular in Cornwall as they have close ties with the welsh

shamus100 - Monkeys have to be kept on a lead like dogs. We can't have you running wild now, can we?

bigmac - Yeah they do have a funny way of speaking though they are technically English we still think ofthem as foreigners.

talesin - Glad your foot is getting better. You'll soon be ready to walk the walk.

cantleave - That 's John Prescott. He got into politics via becoming a trade union leader and became BIG in the labour government!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Thank you, an enjoyable read - very funny!

Dont' forget the other local delicacy - Scrumpy! It seems fairly innocuous at frist, but then it strats to & , ?...

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

For those of you that mentioned your fondness for Cornwall I suggest you visit Lerryn. My favourite visit was to Lerryn, a small quaint village set by a tidal river that
    can be navigated easily at high tide to Fowey or Lostwithiel or one of the small villages along the estuary. When the tidal river is out you can cross on stepping stone instead of walking to the bridge. We were directed here by friends who named their daughter 'Lerryn' as she was conceived there. These are all the details we have!

We walked for several miles through woodland that ran alongside the river and visited a sizable picturesque old church with an interesting history catalogued in albums with photos and drawings going back over 100 years. Some of the young men that attended fought in the Zulu war, others later in the Ist World War and never returned to the village. My god was not in so we returned to Lerryn. The local Ship inn served us the best fish in beer batter with hand-cut chips and chef made mayonnaise, we have ever had, washed down with Scrumpy cider from local Haye Farm. I hear yah dmouse! There are worse ways to spend a day!

• talesin
    talesin

the best fish in beer batter with hand-cut chips and chef made mayonnaise, we have ever had, washed down with Scrumpy cider from local Haye Farm.

YUM!!! it just so happens that fish & chips,,, and cider, is a local thing here, too!

t

* just might believe in reincarnation due to weird love of Cornwall *

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have roots in that area going back a thousand years. Old family earthworks can still be seen.

The Eden Project has been built since I was there.

(The Black Sheep brewery is in Yorkshire and makes a nice drop.)

• talesin
    talesin

see, black sheep? we are sista and brudder from another mudder! the Cornwall roots prevail!

lol, I know am sounding crazy, but WHATever! :D

tal

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You would love the scallops and local ale in Fowey (pronounced Foy), Tal, but you'd better get that foot seen to.

Lots of nice walks to be had. I would love to let Celtic take me on a tour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit