I want your Christmas traditions!

by watersprout 28 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

I have deceided that this year I would like (if you will indulge me) lots of different traditions from lots of different countries and cultures.... So what have you got??

I also want to hear what makes your Christmas super special... What do you do to make up for all those lost years.

Babysprout really believes in Santa... All the kids in her class have been telling her he isn't real. I mean what is this, a class full of dubbies?? Well some of babysprouts friends (who still believe) were getting very upset, so Babysprout told ''those children don't believe that's why Santa doesn't visit. We all believe so that's why he brings us presents''... So yey there are still santa believers! This will be Babysprouts 3rd Christmas and I will not have any ruined by some snotty kids! Now I know how the parents felt when my sister went to school and made ALL the kids cry by saying ''santa isn't real, it's your parents bringing you presents''... When you think about it, it's really disturbing for a 4 year old to think like that!

This is the first Xmas we are spending at home just the three of us, so we get to make all our own traditions... As for present traditions babysprout gets her presents off us and then when she wakes up, there is a pile of presents in completely different paper with fancy ribbon in a pile off santa. Each xmas she asked for a new pillow, so I cut the label out, made a label that has ''santas workshop'' on one side and on the other ''stuffed by elves''... All the present labels have written on them the elf that wrapped each present... It's great fun making it all. I love it!

This year one of my friends told me one of her favourite traditions... On xmas eve after getting back from the MIL's the kids find wrapped presents under the tree from the elves. They are to open them that night. The present is a brand new pair of pyjamas! So this year I will taking out pyjama labels and putting in santa ones!

I want Babysprout to pass on memorable traditions to her kids... I love xmas and all the planning and preparations! I'm like a kid and I do all the things for Babysprout that I would have loved. You never know Santa might just leave some pressies for me this year! Fingers crossed! Lol. No seriously I really hope he does!

Peace

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

... you mean... Santa's not real???

• watersprout
    watersprout
    ... you mean... Santa's not real???

Hahaha! Of course he is real. The dubbies say he isn't real so kids stop believing and stop getting presents! Have you made your santa list yet?

Peace

• J. Hofer
  • watersprout
    watersprout

Why thank you Hofer!

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

The second link was a tad disturbing! Lol!

Peace

• cantleave
    cantleave

Isn't it fun thinking about xmas.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh CL I am soo excited it's ridiculous! Plus one of my friends has roped me into doing a xmas fayre with her, so I have lots of xmassy things to make before the end of the month. Just sat down putting my ideas together!

We are getting a real tree this year and it's going up in the front window! YEY! DUBBIES KISS MY FINGER LICKING GOOD ASS!

Peace

• mrquik
    mrquik

My step daughter's birthday is on Christmas. She turns 18 & I promised her a Caribbean cruise for her 18th birthday. I'm taking her & her girlfriend for a week through the Caribbean. Just the way I wanted to spend Christmas.......

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

The only consistent tradition I have since I started celebrating 3 years ago is I fix a great BIG pan of lasagne. It's delicious and my family loves it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit