Sad situation unfolding on FB

by Mickey mouse 31 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I tried googling it and I can't find anything on this. Does anyone have a news link?

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Until we get a news source, I will be a doubting Thomas. I think Mark Twain wrote "A lie can travel half-way around the world, before the truth can put its overalls and boots on, to chase after it. " There is nothing in the newswires or LN data bank. Don't take my harsh skeptical nature to strong, I like news links and news sources and don't count Facebook as a reliable newsource.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Until we get a news source, I will be a doubting Thomas. I think Mark Twain wrote "A lie can travel half-way around the world, before the truth can put its overalls and boots on, to chase after it. " There is nothing in the newswires or LN data bank. Don't take my harsh skeptical nature to strong, I like news links and news sources and don't count Facebook as a reliable newsource.

Agreed, which is why I said 'reports of'. If any of this is accurate, the media should be picking up on it soon. The latest information on FB is that this may not have been a case of attempted suicide but rather attempted murder.

I think it's something to keep an eye on though.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I think that on the FB group they are strongly suspecting this to be a hoax. If thats true, thats an awful thing to do, but the positive is, the tragic story isnt real and it showed how strong of a support group ex-jw's are. there are alot of really good and nice people in our community.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I hope it is a hoax but if it is, it means there's a sick person out there to make that up.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I hope that it is a hoax...the story is pretty awful if true.

Lots of folks getting whipped into a frenzy...never seen that before . At least nobody was asking for money.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Her father has been arrested and the FBI apparently are involved.

That statement in itself is suspicious - why would the FBI be involved in a local domestic matter?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hope it's a hoax too!

Another lesson as to why everything should be verified before disseminating it as fact.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Good Point, James Woods, it is a fucking sick hoax.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If this is a sick Hoax, it will be a sad day for ExJw's. If it's real it will just be a sad day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit