Is the Oct 30 WT study a Prelude to a Tithing towards the Soc.

by Quarterback 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

No, the Soc is not in the business of providing shelters, Shepard. Jesus did say, "You will always have the poor with you". But there was a money box available for the poor, and the Orphaned child, and the widows got looked at.

The point of the WT article is that those who served in a priestly capacity got provided for. This arttcle could be something of a stepping stone.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Understood Sweney, but the three things you mention are up for debate. You believe one thing, and the Witnesses can prove theirs also with the scriptures. In regards to the 10% tithing, it would not be open for debate in my eyes.

I don't have the scripture in front of me but even if Jesus said, "You, my followers, shall never allow tithing in the Christian congregation," the Watchtower leadership could find a way to weasel around it if they wanted to.

"In Bible times and in some churches of modern-day Christendom, tithing implies a compulsory 10% contribution to the temple or church. Jesus spoke harshly against such tithing requirements. Today, true Christians do not give contributions "under compulsion" but willingly, "for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Cor. 9:7) With this in mind, the "faithful and discreet slave" (Matt. 24:45) has lovingly arranged for the provision of automatic bank drafts, whereby faithful Christians can donate to the worldwide work on a regular monthly basis. This provision will make it convenient for those who are "ready to share" (1 Tim. 6:18) to do so routinely in an orderly way. (Phil. 3:16) Please note that due to the administrative bank charges associated with receiving funds via automatic bank draft, we will not be able to accept donations under $100.00." ~The Watchtower, some time in the not too distant future

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

If this system last another 10 years, I wonder what changes will take place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit