Is the Oct 30 WT study a Prelude to a Tithing towards the Soc.

by Quarterback 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congregations already make "pledges" for monthly contributions to the Borg. It is only a matter of time before they set up some automatic bank draft deductions for the members, too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They aren't getting even one swastika out of me. Which is an EXTREMELY tiny, infinitely tiny, unit of wealth--and they aren't even worth that. If I had the money to waste on that organization, I would have the money to invest in either lots of silver, real estate in New Zealand or somewhere I could readily start a business and the climate wasn't oppressively hot--or both.

If anyone has the money to waste on that hate-speech promoting organization, I suggest putting it to good work. You might invest in silver. Or you might improve your house, buy a bigger computer (or upgrade the one you already have), start a business (assuming your country doesn't yet have laws that could ambush you), buy some land, or do whatever you see fit with it. Even blowing it on a nice vacation is far better than throwing it away--at least your holiday will give you some fun.

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

Actually it is not possible. Asking for a fixed 10% would mean that they are not following Christ's instructions. What I took from the study article is that Jehovah was caring for the Levites who had no land inheritance. The rest of the tribes where receiving free land that would allow them gain without an investment. The Levites had to be totally dependant on Jehovah and the laws he established. There was an example written on how the Levites did not wait on Jehovah in the days of Nehemiah, but instead went earn their living when the rest of the Israelites did not comply with giving their tithe.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Actually it is not possible. Asking for a fixed 10% would mean that they are not following Christ's instructions.

And that's impossible why? They don't follow Christ's instructions at The Memorial, the MOST SACRED NIGHT of the year. They don't follow his instructions to "Stop judging!" They don't follow Christ's instructions about not beating their fellow slaves (Matt. 24:46). Why would they give a hoot about his instructions about a 10% tithing?

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

Understood Sweney, but the three things you mention are up for debate. You believe one thing, and the Witnesses can prove theirs also with the scriptures. In regards to the 10% tithing, it would not be open for debate in my eyes.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Twenty five years ago nobody believed that the Blood ban rules would ever come up for debate, yet NOWAdays....

I remember being savaged alive in the early 80s because I took out a pension, when we all knew Armageddy would be here before the old timers of 1914 died. This was not up for debate. We were spoonfed answers to give to older people who said "not in My lifetime...." Yet nowadays......

A couple of years ago there was a picture in a Witchtower study of a man kneeling before a rock, covered with something white and runny. The caption was: "a tenth of all I have I will give to you..." The seed of this idea was planted then.

Never say NEVER with this slippery fish of a religion.

They find a way of wriggling out of any corner. Their excuses are like assholes - they always have one and they stink.

HB

• designs
    designs

Sheppard-

What many of us xJWs see is that the GB are well taken care of but they are laying off and dismissing older workers and closing Bethel facilities throughout the world.

Those Facilities, which we paid for and worked on, could be used for Senior Living homes or even homes for low income Witnesses, or Women's shelters. Dozens of uses. Other Religions run these types of facilities for their people but not the well taken care of GB.

Regards

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Inquiryman, the reason why we bring this up is that for years, the WT scoffed at other religions that used this avenue of collecting funds. And now they follow suit as well

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

designs: While it is true that some of the Bethelites have been reassigned as special pioneers, they are not all older "workers" as you refer to them. Some younger bethelites have also been reassigned to the field as pioneers. The "older workers" are taken care of. Recently, the branch sent out a survey to all congregations asking if there where homes or apartments for these older ones being reassigned. Most of these homes are provided at no cost to them. One example is in our circuit. A brother donated an older home, basically falling apart. The RBC got involved and renovated the whole house and one of the older couples, reassigned as special pioneers, are living there now. So not too bad at all.

As for using the vacated branch buildings as you describe, that might seem like a good idea, but the GB is focused on advancing the preaching work, not running shelters and things of that nature. While that help is certainly helpful, that is not what we do. I can certainly understand you taking exception to these decisions, but I can only point to the Christ's instructions on making desciples. That is the work that Jehovah's Witnesses are mainly focused on.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

TheShep-

Why dont you go and preach elsewhere, at least then you can count your time.

If you dont know the reason for closing the HQ in Spain, find out about the court case the Society lost, after appealing .

Find out about the laws on medical provision in NY that apply to volunteers at Bethel.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit