So i'm out treat or treating and I come home with a dog! WTFrick??

by watersprout 26 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

So we are out treat or treating and I notice a dog very distressed howling and shaking with fear... So I try and approach her but she starts growling at me. Carrot rings the doorbell of the house that she is hiding on and the people have never seen her before... Quite a few neighbours come out and we eventually win her round... She is terrified and very disorientated...

We scoure the streets looking for her owners but to no avail... All we can gather from her behaviour is that she was most likely thrown from a car... She has not long finished whelping a litter and is clearly distressed... We end up bringing her back for the night and has not left Carrot alone... She has been lying on him, licking and kissing him. All she has wanted is to be curled up on his lap.... Obviously he is her saviour! Lol.

Going to get in touch with some santuarys tomorrow and see what they say. It was a very random night indeed! Lol.

Here are a few pics of her. I refuse to name her as I will egt attached, so for now she is known as ''Dog''...

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Have no idea why the pictures are life size or the way it's all come out! Lol

Peace

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

"Dog" is just beautiful, and you were super sweet to rescue her!

CJ

• mamamo
    mamamo

So would she classify as a Trick or a Treat?

• nugget
    nugget

Poor thing looks like a staffie. Some people are just so cruel. It will be tough giving her up.

• watersprout
    watersprout

She is defo a staffie... Pain in the ass lol! She is fast asleep at the moment but she won't leave Carrot, so I think she will be in our room tonight. We couldn't risk her being taken to the kennels as the dog warden takes them to wherever there is space and some santuarys destroy animals if they can't be homed... We are going to wait and see what happens.

Carrot and Babysprout have named her ''betty'' but I refuse to be part of their game to keep her. She is soo strong and I can't handle her... At elast she is relaxed now, just needed food, water and a hug.

Peace

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

That is so sweet of you all for taking her in. But,be warned,the last time I had a stray follow me home,I had her for thirteen years,lol. But,best dog I ever had.

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'm not a fan of staffs, so I won't keep her. Carrot isn't to keen with them around Babysprout... We struck lucky with Nellie who was a staff cross jack.

If I had the room and I was strong enough to control her I would keep her. Our house is too small for a boisterious dog. She is a beaut though, ever soo loving.

Carrot has just taken her out for a walk and she has dragged him out the door, we are just not used to dogs that are bonkers! Lol.

I will let you all know what happens with her, just want to find her a forever home with experienced owners. Her teats are all saggy and are hanging quite low which does make me wonder if she has been breed at every season... If only animals could talk it would be soo much easier!

Peace

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That's a beautful looking Staffie. They are great dogs. My sister had one and they are very gentle with humans. With other dogs though they can go nuts.

It is a shame you can't keep it but you won't have any trouble finding someone to take her.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I know you aren't planning to keep her, but the best collar I ever got for my big dog was a head harness.

It turns the nose in the direction you want the dog to go, and the dog follows its nose.

Mine is very controllable with that kind.

She's so beautiful!

Such a precious "little" thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit