So i'm out treat or treating and I come home with a dog! WTFrick??

by watersprout 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Speaking of which...

I rescued a stray cat last night... I had been looking for this animal for a few months, ever since he came up to me one night, crying for help, and I took him to what I THOUGHT was his home...

The guy claimed the cat was his, but as I turned to go, I heard him go "SSSSST!!! SCAT!!!" in very nasty tones... I saw him kick the cat back outside - wouldn't even let the poor cat in the house!!

Since then I've been on the lookout for the cat - even spoke to the guy who moved into the house that the cat seemed fixated on, the first night I saw him... The house's new owner confirmed that the cat was still in the neighborhood; he'd seen it just a day earlier when he went out to get his mail. Said that the cat ran from him, crying and scared....

I'm guessing that the poor cat had found a sort of "shelter" with the family who had just moved out... When I walked by, that first night, apparently the cat mistook me for the people who had just moved out....

Anyway, I've been walking thru that neighborhood ever since then, and drove thru it when I was using the car. Well, last night, I got lucky. I'd gassed up my husband's car, and drove thru on the off chance that I'd see him. Drove slowly, calling "kitty, kitty", but saw nothing. I turned down a street about a block or so away from his supposed "owners", and lo and behold!! There he was, playing in the shrubbery beside the road!!

Keep in mind - this was after 10:00 at night, and we have foxes/coyotes/hawks/owls/raccoons/skunks/stray dogs in the area - which makes it EXTREMELY risky for any small animals caught outside after dark!!

I picked him up and carried him around for a bit, took him to the car and put him in it, then let him back out to see if he would make a beeline for some shelter - he didn't. He just hung around, so I picked him up AGAIN and this time he came home with me!!

I've got to find a home for him - a GOOD home. He looks JUST like a miniature SNOW LEOPARD - he is one of the most BEAUTIFUL cats I've ever seen!!! With BLUE EYES, yet!!

So, if any of you are in the U.S., and can give this cat an INDOOR home, and you're VERY experienced with cats, please PM me. I'm in Colorado...

Watersprout, please forgive this derailment of your thread!! When I get pix, I'll start a thread just for him...

Thanks! zid

• AGuest
    AGuest

Whew, what a rollercoaster ride THIS thread way, dear WS (the greatest of love and peace to you, my dear!) - LOLOLOLOL! To wit:

Awww, WS... what a good thing you've done... she's so CUTE... you're going to keep her, right?... No?... Oh, you can't?... Ohhhh... but what'll happen to her... POUND?!!... oh, the sanctuary? If they have room... but what if they don't have... NOOOOoooo... oh, someone called for her? And they like her? And she them? So, no warden? But what about dear Carrot... who it seems like was getting close... oh, not so much? But you say the lady seems to love her? And she likes the lady, too?... but how will know if she's oka... oh, the lady'll stay in touch?

WHOO-HOOOO!

I'm telling you... I need a shower, now, I was sweating so much through this - LOLOLOLOL!

My puppies got out once (I told you)... and stayed out for hours. I was DEVASTATED. I simply do not know how people can be so cruel with animals. I truly do NOT get it. It is a LIVING being, dang it! Have SOME compassion!

Wait... I'm starting to hyperventilate. Gotta leave this topic, now.

Thanks for sharing this with us... thanks for caring for dear "Betty Dog"... and may JAH bless you (and all those who have hearts large enough to include strays)!

Peace!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• factfinder
    factfinder

watersprout-

that was very kind of you to take the lost dog home and take care of her, and I'm glad she now has a forever home.

Zid-

that is very kind of you to search for that stray cat and I'm glad you found her!

• watersprout
    watersprout

Awww Zid that is lovely! You can hijack my thread with pleasure! That cat sound gorgeous... I can't get my head round how cruel people can be... Thank the Lord that there are loving people out there that do look after other people and animals. Post a piccie when you can, I want to see her!

Oh Shel (peace to you!) I started to get attached to her! I was on the phone to the car insurance and she sat on top of the armchair chewing the cable. Everytime I stopped her she licked my face! Lol. I'm glad she has gone to a new home and I hope she will be happy and settled. It was really traumatic! I was shattered last night, to much going on in such a short time. Lol!

I'm glad to Fact finder... It's worrying not knowing where they end up, I could never re-home a litter of pups.... The owners would have to jump through hoops to even be allowed access to the house. Lol.

Peace

• sabastious
    sabastious

AGuest you have a PM

• AGuest
    AGuest

I have responded, dear Sab. The greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Living in Mexico is the KING of the stray animals. I have NO room for one though. I could rescue many if I had more landspace to put them...And the thing is...I LOVE Dogs! I have NEVER been able to have one in my life. Always lived in apartments. Now I own a house and no land outside. It sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit