Anyone here from Ohio?

by jesussaves 27 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

Sam, Yes, Mucks moved there, I don't know if you know the story, kind of under pressure. I didn't remember hearing that Coopers moved to Fla. Artie moved there (one of the first) My bro-in law Loyd has altzhimers (sp?) I think his wife is going to get a winter home in Fla. There are others who also moved to Fla. Some others in my family.

You may know that R. Newlon died several years ago and so did J. Conn.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." Max Planck
  • normie67
    normie67

Assembly Hall in London, Oh is still alive and kickin'.....I haven't been there recently but I know many who still got there for CA and Special Days....and yes it is still windy as always up there!!!

n67

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Borgfree,

I think I must have Artie and Ed mixed up. “Mucks under pressure” no, guess I don’t know the story.

Re-thinking the Cooper situation, I believe that last I heard they moved to Indianapolis. Did not know about Loyd’s illness. I had heard about Ralph and Jerry.

An interesting story about J C (who claimed to be of the anointed) was being circulated in 1973. He was a rather new elder at the time (appointed in 1972, I think, the first year of the elder arrangement) and he rotated to the “Bible Study Overseer” in ‘73 if my memory servers me correctly. He was reported to have said that it was appropriate that he would be rotating into the “Presiding Overseer” position in 1975, the year that the big “A” would hit!

All that sounds pretty ironic now.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Sam,

Ed is the older one. Mucks son got into a little trouble, along with some other elders kids. Before they could set up a committee meeting Mrs. Muck took the son and flew to Fla., telling Mr. Muck he could follow them or not but she was not going to let their son be brought before the committee. Mr. Muck followed.

I knew Coopers moved to Indianapolis. That's where they were the last I knew.

Loyd is in a nursing home, he got to much for Veda to handle.

I did not know the whole story of JC, we were once close, I really liked him.

Borgfree

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." Max Planck
  • Lindy
    Lindy

Hi,
    I grew up in Brunswick, which Medina branched off of, which is where I went for the rest of my stay as an adult with the WTBTS until our family moved away to a neighboring congr. and I "drifted" off into the sunset, far away from the land of the Borg. I also know people from Berea, Strongsville, Ashland and Wellington congregations. Do you know any of the ones by the name of Kick, Swanseger, McInnes(sp?), Hall, Zacharias, Whent(sp?), McKinney, Ryant, Blum, Wingfield, Groman, to name just a few?

Lindy

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

“Mucks son got into a little trouble, along with some other elders kids. Before they could set up a committee meeting Mrs. Muck took the son and flew to Fla., telling Mr. Muck he could follow them or not but she was not going to let their son be brought before the committee. Mr. Muck followed.”

Borgfree, I am shocked! I knew that Mrs. Muck ‘wore the pants” in that family even though her husband was an elder, but I had no idea that she would carry her leadership role that far. Wow! Her action speaks volumes about her faith in “Jehovah’s arrangement” doesn’t it? Are they still JWs?

Earlier you said that your family recently got back from an assembly in London. I am sorry to hear that you have not yet been successful in getting them out. Hopefully, in time…

• butalbee
    butalbee

Nowhere near Ohio...

• borgfree
    borgfree

Sam,

As far as i know the Mucks are still Jws. My son left the org. about a year ago, that was a real blessing to me, but the rest are still hanging on to the WT.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit