Anyone here from Ohio?

by jesussaves 27 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

A little off the subject butt!!! Are you familiar with Warren ohio?
    I have a half brother from there I have never met."Safin" is the last name of him.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I was not raised here; my JW family are in the Chicago area.

However, I live in New Albany, right outside Columbus. (Home of course to Victoria's Secret )

NormaJeanne and AMarie are in central Ohio also.

Unfortuantly, I live about 1 mile from the Gahanna KH. I get goose bumps everytime I drive by.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Jesussaves,

I am closer to Larc's age group. I live in West Central Ohio, close to Indiana. But I know some people (some relatives) that may have partied in that area. Eddie Gardiner, Larry Liggett and a lot of guy's they ran around with.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." Max Planck
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Years ago I had a best friend who was from Cleveland. This could very well tag me but she moved back to Cleveland and we lost tough with each other. Don't know how long she attanded meetings when she moved back but she would be in her 40's now with a couple kids. Shae lived there all of her life except for about three years in California as a teen. Her name is Evona.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Dear Puff,

You said: “However, I live in New Albany, right outside Columbus. (Home of course to Victoria's Secret )
    NormaJeanne and AMarie are in central Ohio also.
    Unfortuantly, I live about 1 mile from the Gahanna KH. I get goose bumps everytime I drive by.”

How far are you from London, Ohio? An assembly Hall was built there in the late 60s or early 70s. Is it still operational?

Dear Borgfree,

You mentioned: ” Eddie Gardiner, Larry Liggett and a lot of guy's they ran around with.”

Is Eddie still a devout JW?

What ever happened to Larry Liggett? Is he still in Muncie? Still a JW?

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Sam, As you may know, Ed is my nephew. He is in the Daytona Beach, Fla. area and is still a JW (on the outside) Liggett is still Liggett, hanging in there (riding the fence and hoping not to fall off) I saw him about three years ago when I was demonstrating at the Nutter Center in Dayton. He would not speak of course but he was very interested in what I (we) were doing. He is still in Muncie.

Borgfree

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." Max Planck
  • teenyuck
    teenyuck

Sam, I am not sure where London, OH is. I moved here about 2.5 years ago...I have heard of London, however, without looking at a map I could not tell which direction it is.

I know Cincinnati is SW, Clevland is NE and Dayton is straight W.

I just called directory assistance and got the number to the London KH! It is in the 740 area code, so it must be operational and it must be east of where I live.

Did you help erect it?

• larc
    larc

borgfree,

You mentioned west central Ohio. My grandmother was born in Delphos, Ohio, and moved to Akron after her father died. She was 19 and she moved C.1905.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Larc, I am in Greenville. My home was Richmond, Ind. I left there about 20 years ago.

Sam, Yes, London is still operational, my family attended an assembly there about 3 weeks ago.

Borgfree

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Puff said: “Did you help erect it?”

Not really. I put in a token appearance or two during construction. What I remember more precisely were some C.A.s there; a couple in which I had a small part; and later when I had a pleasant encounter with the DO at the time. He seemed to be a caring person (wish I could remember his name); his attitude stood out in contrast with the majority of elders I was dealing with at the time.

Thanks for the update, Borgfree. Didn’t a lot of former "Richmondites" relocate in Florida? Mucks, Coopers? And Ed’s younger brother (I forget his name) who married a pretty blonde gal, I think?

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit