I just had JWs come to my door

by Scarred for life 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Mormons and JWs come by but very rarely. I live in a private complex. As I did in NY, I told them my family was long involved and asked which tenant gave them permission to solicit on the premises. I told them they had no First Amendment rights on private property. The sidewalk is not a public one. I promised them I would call the police if they did not leave immediately. Maybe I overdid it.

I don't see them with other neighbors, though. Part of me feels bad that I was so !@#$%^&* but I feel there is a monstrous arrogance in telling me I am wrong and they are right about something that is not objective. No one is permitted to solicit here -- for any reason. It is not as tho they are being targetted b/c of their viewpoint.

A long time ago they came to my door and tried to correct me by scaring me witless about 1975. I was present when Franz said this was private info and not to share it with outsiders. I felt like I worked for the CIA. Nevertheless, 1975 scared me out my mind. I said I was calling Brooklyn to get their take on her threat. She was scared - very scared. I was only posturing. My family was so impressed with how I raised points with her. Later that night I awoke with a night terror. It took me hours to calm down. I do believe she won that round.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I moved to the middle east. That pretty much took care of any lingering JW issues:) Evangelizing will get you deported here, IF you are lucky. I wouldn't want to discover the Qatari prison system, the only thing good I could say about it is that it has a great location overlooking the corniche(waterfront). I don't think they hold much with windows in the prison though, so it's wasted on everyone but the guards in the 'watchtower' (Only kind of watchtowers allowed in this country are the kind attached to forts and prisons!)

• rebel8
    rebel8

What you should have done is say, "Awww...don't you look cute in those costumes! What are you supposed to be, the Church Lady from Saturday Night Live? And why are you coming a few days early? Halloween is on Monday." Then plop a few miniature 3 Muskateers bars in their bookbags and shut the door.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

LOL rebel..

I saw a article posted on facebook about someone (a inactive witness) that had found out a man from the congregation was watching her house for a while and turned him in for stalking...I guess he was trying to get the goods on if she was celebrating holidays so he could turn her in..

Snoozy

• Voices
    Voices

I always hope they come to my door. I like the idea of talking to them about certain scriptural aspects. But the problem is the moment they find out you're df'd, you get put in the pile of 'SATAN'S MOST PRECIOUS SOLIDER' catagory and they run like hell and ignore everything whether logical/truthful/reasonable thing said to them.

Me

P.s. I should start out with 'oh my brother's a circut overseer!' and maybe they'll just think i'm the worldly 'black sheep' instead of asking.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The weirdest thing I saw today while fetching my wood is a fancy car drive by with a fancy person in it gesturing not here, up ahead. What do you think it was? Angels?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I live in a co-op building and their not allowed in, however, there's a few that live here, when I first moved in a friend of my mother's who knew them promptly found out my apt # and send them to my door to proselytize, wasn't kind to them at all, whole thing lasted less than 10 seconds, however, we do talk on the elevator or on the street, just not about THAT.

• wobble
    wobble

I have lived in the same house since the dinosaurs roamed the earth, so the local dubs know where I live and most do not call, but as I am a nosey bugger and I work at home from a room overlooking the lane , I see how often they call around here, and it has dropped off dramatically in the last three years.

Why ?

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Were witnesses so only the spanish congragation, who pay zero attention to their cards, actually come to our door. Our last name is cruz so they feel the need to come I guess. Personally, I would just not open the door. Or mention a single "apostate" thought and they will never be there again.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

It's funny how an "apostate" thought from a former witness is so detrimental to another's spirituality, Satan-like, infectious, etc. But if that EXACT thought comes from someone else(whether they did research or not), its "though-provoking", truth-seeking, etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit